“i would rate it lower if i could”
Review of Pittypat's Porch

Pittypat's Porch
Ranked #102 of 3,977 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Downtown Atlanta's Oldest Southern Dining restaurant since 1967. We are a "Gone With the Wind" themed restaurant, a place where the characters presence are felt from the menu to the overall decor to the memorabilia on the walls. We have created a menu of Southern classics that have been enjoyed by groups large and small from the moment we opened our doors. Dishes such as, Aunt Pittypat's Fried Chicken, 12 Oaks BBQ Ribs, Georgia Catfish, just to name a few. Our menu also includes delicious appetizers and tempting desserts made fresh in our bakery daily. We have a full bar, plus draft beer by local breweries and a Specialty Drink menu to wet your whistle. So come on by and let us show you our Southern Hospitality!
Smyrna, Georgia, United States
“i would rate it lower if i could”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

the one and only star is for service. they are friendly and outgoing. otherwise horrible place. where to start? under construction...ok it needs it. cold and drafty. food is anything but good. i am a native of the south and my grandmother would never ever serve someone the food we ate. bland......plain.... i could cook that good at the age of 10. tourist trap stay away. ribs boiled with bottled sauce poured over. fried chicken worse than shake shake and bake. jumbo lump crab cake? dont even try it. and worst of all the dead animals mounted over your head looking at you while you eat.

• Visited March 2013

Union, Missouri
“Home Cooking”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Not a large variety. But food was good. Setting was nice with live entertainment. I was not comfortable there and will not be back.

• Visited March 2013
Roswell, Georgia
“This restaurant has potential, just did not meet my expectations.”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I am a Southerner and I had high expectations for one of the oldest restaurants in Atlanta. The atmosphere was nice, live piano music a romantic touch. The salad sideboard was tasty with good variety. But the bread was cold and we arrived only 20 minutes after opening. The fried chicken was some what dry and needed additional seasoning. Peas were too salty. The fried chicken and rib combo had a very small serving of ribs. I ordered the pecan pie to take with me and for $7 the serving was very small. I am sorry to say that overall I was disappointed.

Atlanta
“A traditional Atlanta Culinary attraction for Tourists”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I do not wish to discourage visitors just because the food quality has taken such a downward turn in recent years. Pittypat's remains a drawing card for tourists and its historical setting is truly worth a visit.

Visited June 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very nice servers”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Food was okay. I don't have a need to go back though. I heard that it is a place to go in Atlanta and since I have lived here for many years I gave it a try.

• Visited December 2012

Been to Pittypat's Porch? Share your experiences!