“Southern Cookin at its best”
Review of Pittypat's Porch

Pittypat's Porch
Reserve with OpenTable
Pittypat's Porch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 4,031 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Downtown Atlanta's Oldest Southern Dining restaurant since 1967. We are a "Gone With the Wind" themed restaurant, a place where the characters presence are felt from the menu to the overall decor to the memorabilia on the walls. We have created a menu of Southern classics that have been enjoyed by groups large and small from the moment we opened our doors. Dishes such as, Aunt Pittypat's Fried Chicken, 12 Oaks BBQ Ribs, Georgia Catfish, just to name a few. Our menu also includes delicious appetizers and tempting desserts made fresh in our bakery daily. We have a full bar, plus draft beer by local breweries and a Specialty Drink menu to wet your whistle. So come on by and let us show you our Southern Hospitality!
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Plan to spend some time here. The salad bar makes a whole meal itself. When you get the meal you also get sides that you don't order. This is a southern banquet. The restaurant makes you feel like you are at your Grandma's for dinner. You best clean your plates--you don't want to miss dessert.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,263)

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Born and raised in Atlanta, it's taken 52 years to get to Pitty Pat's Porch and if I live to 104 I'll probably go back. The Fried Chicken was excellent, the 'mashed taters' must be termed as such because of what they do to the cardboard box after they reconstitute them. Box potatoes at a full-service traditional southern restaurant borders on blasphemy. The biscuits and cornbread were too dry. The collard greens were tasty and the blackeye peas were good. My co-diners enjoyed the crab cake and catfish. The salad bar was quite pleasing with a large variety of items. The pickled watermelon rind was unusual and delicious. It was too expensive for the quality of food, but overall a satisfying experience.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This was by far one of the best fried chicken, as well as the bbq ribs! The restaurant was traditional homestyle decor, quaint a bit pricey but well worth it! Excellent bread pudding and peach cobbler, service was amazing and pickled watermelon rind unique!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I had several people recommend Pittypat's, so I was really looking forward to eating there. It turned out to be a lot of waiting for a fair meal. We waited to be seated for 45 minutes. Waited to order for 30 minutes, and then waited for our food for almost an hour. The place was filled with guests, and they are going through a renovation of sorts, but still . . . really not worth the wait. Paid $40 for a chicken drumstick, thigh and 5 very small pork ribs. They must have been running out of food. The biscuit was quite good though.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

My friend and I were so looking forward to this adventure. It was recommended by the concierge' at the Georgia World Congress Center. Upon our arrival we were not greeted, the seating hottest called to us from the base of the stairs "Deuces lets rock and roll" this was somewhat offensive but we did as we were told and went down. It was clear they did not like parties of two as we were set aside below and asked to be ready to jump when she came back. She returned 5 minutes later and the two of us and a couple were taken to the dinning area. Finally the waiter came around and stood to the rear of my friend, put his hand on the back of her chair and another on the the couples table and said "I'm gonna be waiting on both of ya'll at the same time so listen up". He spoke mostly to the other table in an overly crowded and noisy room and I was unable to hear him. He was upset with us because we weren't ready to order and had questions and this put him out. I decided that the fried chicken looked good on others plates though over priced at $20 I decided to get it. It was 3 large pieces and mashed potatoes and greens. I asked for the potatoes and greens to be served on the side so that it would be easier to put the chicken in a to go box as I knew I couldn't eat it all and would take it to the hotel with me. This obviously offended him as he made me repeat it 3 times. He finally just dismissed my request. I ordered a glass of wine and was told that he would bring it if they got their wine shipment in. He NEVER returned to our table to tell me if there was wine or not until 45 minutes later when he delivered a small $8 glass of wine, that was not properly chilled and was watered down. I sat there for 45 minutes watching others get their orders, I was not even given a glass of water! He avoided our table at all cost as to not even look at us. We finally just laid a $10 on the table and walked out on them. If this is southern hospitality I'll take our South Western hospitality any day! What a horribly over ratted place!

1  Thank Liea J

Been to Pittypat's Porch? Share your experiences!