“Not the best experience”

Mali Thai Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mali Thai Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #261 of 3,924 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Morningside - Lenox Park
Cross street: North Highland Ave.
Mobile, Alabama
“Not the best experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I came here with my husband and a large group. They split us up into different tables (which was expected) but then they moved me and my husband into a corner next to the door, completely away from our group. This defeated the whole purpose of eating out with my colleagues and I would have much rather picked a different restaurant... at least somewhere with adequate heating.

The service was ok, nothing extraordinary. The food was awesome, but you'll have to ignore the smell of some dishes. I'm guessing (hoping) it was just the seasoning they used. I think in a different situation this place would have been great, but being so far removed from my party and next to a cold, drafting door kind of ruined it for me. Lastly, skip the dessert menu. I had the creme brulee and my husband had the brownie, both were only adequate.. It'd be cheaper to go elsewhere for something sweet.

For others with celiac disease - I'm very sensitive to gluten and I managed to not get sick, so I would try it. When asked about gluten-free suggestions, their solution was to just take the sauce off of everything, so I ordered something they couldn't take the seasoning off of and it turned out fine. (I'm really not a fan of plain slabs of meat for over $15.) However, they were willing to accommodate or change things as needed. I had the rack of lamb as my entree, which is 3 pieces of lamb on the bone and vegetables. It did come in a sauce, so make sure you tell the server you're gluten free so they don't add soy sauce.

• Visited March 2013

Lewes, Delaware
“A gem of an intimate city restaurant - in a great neighborhood!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Always service with a smile! Consistently excellent quality! From sushi to Thai to curry - never had anything but great food. Been here at least 10 times! It's the kind of place that you can just relax, enjoy, not be rushed, never has screaming kids, a good couples or small group place. Not the cheapest Thai in Atlanta but certainly one of the best.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Good Neighborhood Thai and Sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Mali is a hidden gem in Virginia Highland. I have been eating here for more than 20 years and have found to be reliable and a consistent cut above. Since it is a little off the beaten track you can almost always get a table. The offerings are pretty standard, although some items like the mooshu appetizer add a unique element to the restaurant. The service is always prompt and friendly.

• Visited January 2013
Conyers, Georgia
“Excellent Thai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Went to Mali’s for the first time last Thursday and was impressed by the food and service. We had 7 people in our party and everyone commented positively on their meal. The wait staff was attentive and very courteous. Like all Thai restaurants, the menu has numerous vegetarian options. The Yin and Yang appetizer was very nice in presentation and taste. For an entrée, I had the Vegetable Massaman and it was outstanding.

• Visited November 2012
Atlanta
“Great neighborhood restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

We eat there often but never thought about writing a review until tonight.

The restaurant is very good. Inside and outside seating.

The have Chinese and sushi foods. The sushi is what we get most often.

The sushi is priced well. It is not the highest grade of sushi but it is tasty and priced well.

• Visited October 2012