“An Atlanta classic with excellent BBQ”

Fat Matt's Rib Shack
Ranked #8 of 3,947 Restaurants in Atlanta
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Morningside - Lenox Park
Atlanta, Georgia
“An Atlanta classic with excellent BBQ”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

This is real Atlanta. Some of the best BBQ you will find in the area. All the sides are good as well with my favorite being the BBQ beans. If you want pretty, go someplace else, if you want ture southern, this is your place.

• Visited November 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Reading, United Kingdom
“On food alone - 5 stars”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

It’s not the place to come if you want high end dinning but if you are after ribs it certainly is. I was taken here by a couple of locals who were appalled that I had eaten at a chain a couple of nights before, insisting I needed to try “proper ribs”. The place looks like a slightly run down shack but once inside, with a full order of ribs and a pitcher of beer, I did not want to be anywhere else. Atmosphere is lively and would be great for a group of friends or a sports team but maybe not so much if you are planning a romantic first date.

• Visited September 2013
Atlanta
“Best BBQ ever!!!!”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Had a great time here...Took 4 friends wih me because I have visited before and they trust my taste in food....Me and my fellow friends had a great time listening to the music and eating the ribs, chicken and all kinds of veggies....Sauce is great on those ribs. Ribs are nice and tender...beans melt in ya mouth...This is our meet up spot to talk, eat, get full and get sleepy lol

• Visited September 2013
McDonough, Georgia
“Wife loved the chicken”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Have wanted to try this place since 2011 and never got around to it until this week. My wife got the chicken and rib combo. She really loved the chicken especially with the kick the sauce had. She also tried the mac and cheese and potato salad. She did not care for those that much. They did not taste bad but they were nothing to write home about. I got the ribs and chopped pork sandwich with coleslaw and Brunswick stew. The coleslaw was good but the stew was the best stew I have had. My wife liked it enough to take it from me. They give you a side of sauce to put on your self. I am not a big bbq sauce fan so I did not even use any of the extra sauce. The ribs fell off of the bone on first bite. The chopped sandwich had enough kick to it with out the extra sauce.

This is a small place that has live music and about 10-15 tables inside and a few more outside. The servers were friendly and it is a place worth trying when in town.

• Visited November 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
“Went out for ribs”
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Went with family for BBQ and we all got ribs. Flavor was good but the ribs were fatty. Overall, food was what I expected but I think there are better places for ribs. The atmosphere helps make up for the average food.

Visited October 2013