“Great vegan meal!!”

Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Buckhead
Reviewed January 22, 2013

This is a lovely small cafe on the north side of town. We eat a vegan diet and were delighted to learn that all their entrees are vegan. So many great choices! We wanted to go back later in the weekend but didn't have the chance. Pepper encrusted seitan , fried avocado tacos, and pot stickers were all excellent. Raw cashew cheesecake was to die for!! Very good wine and beer selection. Quiet intimate space.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

My daughter and I stopped in based on previous Trip Advisor reviews. WOW! The atmosphere is sleek, modern, and calming. Love the soft jazz. The wait staff is courteous, know the menu items well, and very professionable. The food is out of this world! We had the stuffed mushrooms and fried green tomatoes with hummus as appetizers. The Jamaican ginger ale reminded me of my grandfather's home made ginger ale which is strong, full bodied, and zesty. Our entrees were the avocado burrito and a burrito chuck full of rice, beans, and other vegetables. Salads were crisp, clean, and tasty. The desserts were a vegan chocolate cake and a sweet potato cheese cake made without cheese. Everything was fresh, well flavored, and generously portioned. I tried to miss the meat, but I couldn't. The days of funny looking, odd tasting vegetarian fare is over. This is the best vegetarian food I have ever tasted in my life. This is definately a keeper for future trips to the Atlanta area.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

There are two locations of Cafe Sunflower in Atlanta. I have reviewed the other and will now describe what is great about this one.

You could definitely make a meal out of the appetizers alone. My favorites are the pan-fried dumplings, fried green tomatoes with hummus and chive oil, Jamaican Plantains with black bean dip, spring rolls with sweet & sour sauce and spicy mustard, black bean quesadillas, and the red pepper hummus. This is sort of a vegan heaven for me.

Salads are good too. My favorites are the Harvest Salad with granny smith apples ,carrots, candied walnuts, and dried cranberries and the Spicy Thai Salad which can make a light lunch alone or with an appetizer or two.

There are some excellent entrees as well. Their soy burgers are fantastic and come with sweet potatoes and mixed greens. I also like the stir-fried tofu in ginger sauce, and Spicy Pad Thai Noodles, the Fajitas, the Kung Pao Soy Chicken, and the Walnut Crusted Tofu Cutlet.

Desserts are excellent. I love the vegan cakes- chocolate peanut butter mousse cake and the chocolate raspberry mousse cake are so good but so is the coconut layer cake and the Carrot Spice Cake.

You won't leave the Cafe Sunflower hungry. It is a great value for the money and all the food is fresh. Free parking.

1  Thank terril435
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

My wife found this restuarant while looking at reviews online. We went to check it out. From the moment we walked thru the door it was an enjoyable evening. I had the veggie burger and she had spicy pad Thai. I have tried a lot of veggie burgers but this was by far the best. From the homeade pickles to the fresh baked bun it was bursting with great flavor and freshness. Her dish had just the right amount of heat and richness. The portions were huge and the price was right. The service was great with just the right amount of attention. The ambiance was just romantic enough to feel comfortable and relaxing.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stopped in here on our way out of Atlanta while waiting on a cab. Had no idea what to expect, and were delighted by the friendliness of the staff and the fantastic food. It was fresh and delicious, I almost didnt miss the meat! Great atmosphere as well.

Been to Cafe Sunflower? Share your experiences!