“Too Costly for what it was”
Review of SKYVIEW Atlanta

SKYVIEW Atlanta
Ranked #45 of 247 things to do in Atlanta
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Located at the South end of Centennial Park in downtown Atlanta, the SkyView Ferris wheel is set up to thrill families from all over the Atlanta Metro area. The wheel is almost 20 stories high with 42 gondolas that will be able to hold up to 6 people. With a view like this, everyone will be wanting a ride. And if you want to ride in style, check out our VIP gondola that gives you all the perks including the wonderful view. Surrounded by many other local favorite attractions of this downtown Centennial Park area, you'll never find yourself looking for something to do. SkyView. You can see Atlanta from here. Hours Sunday - Thursday: 12 PM - 11 PM, Friday: 12 PM - 12 AM, Saturday: 10 AM - 12 AM
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed December 8, 2014

One of my best friends lives in Atlanta and she had never ridden the Downtown Ferris Wheel either, so when I was in town for the night, that was one thing we decided to do before twilight. First, I was shocked that it was over $14 for a Ferris Wheel ride, and asked my friend if that was expensive for Atlanta. We went on because it was a special evening, anyway. The people and service were great, the enclosed car was VERY nice, but for $14 dollars I would've liked to ride for more than 8 - 10 minutes, especially since there were NO lines, so it wasn't like anyone was waiting for a car. Anyway, it was OK but not worth $14 per person. Not in the least.

4  Thank Mary Jo J
Write a ReviewReviews (1,083)
All reviews
"climate controlled"
in 27 reviews
"afraid of heights"
in 26 reviews
"great view of the city"
in 24 reviews
in 119 reviews
"gondola"
in 64 reviews

Reviewed December 3, 2014

The Skyview is a large Ferris wheel in downtown Atlanta by Centennial Park. We went up at night and enjoyed the lights of downtown plus all the Christmas lights. The ride is in enclosed gondola cars that carry 2-4 passengers for a 9-12 minute ride. Adults pay $13 but seniors are $12.15.

1  Thank LakeLoafer
Reviewed December 2, 2014

As a resident of Atlanta, I always (reluctantly) find myself in line at Skyview at least once every 2-3 months whenever a friend/relative comes visiting. I've never found it interesting. If you have a groupon, it may be worth your money but at the full price of twenty-something dollars? I'd say pass on it. I found it boring and a little too short (about 15 mins)..there is not much to see except lights and buildings which you could probably see for free from any high rise apt or restaurant in downtown Atlanta.

2  Thank Lola O
Reviewed December 2, 2014

We decided to see what the buzz was all about and bought a Groupon for 4 to ride the new Ferris wheel in Atlanta. The lines were low, entry was simple, and the folks working there were very friendly. We were up in he air around 10 mins and were able to get some good views of Centennial Olympic park, which is decorated for Christmas! Overall, it was a fun and relaxing experience, but I'm not sure I would do it again. If you are in Atlanta though, you should put this on your list.

1  Thank AdventureB24
See more reviews
Reviewed December 2, 2014

We found a great deal on Groupon for a date night for 2. We really enjoyed the ride being that it was just as the sun was going down and the city was getting dark so the lights were nice. The informational recording that plays while you are riding is really interesting we learned a few things that we did not know and it also helped us decide what we would have for dinner once we were done. Ted's Montana Grill just around the corner which I must add is also amazing!!

1  Thank redman0515

Been to SKYVIEW Atlanta? Share your experiences!