“Nice bbq”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice bbq”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I made my specialty dish today (chitlins) and i realized i needed some good potato salad to go along with with so i went to pig n chik to get some since it is close to the pharmacy i use. I ordered my potato salad but then i knew i needed some french fries and hushpuppies to go with my meal so i ordered them too. Then i realized i needed dinner for tomorrow so i ordered a pound of pulled pork. The potato salad is some of the best i've had in Atlanta and complimented my specialty perfectly. Hushpuppies were good but needed tartar sauce. The fries were good too. I have not eaten any of the pulled pork yet but will update my review when i do. UPDATE: Be very careful of their hot sauce. It is VERY hot...almost to hot so if you are sensitive to hot foods dont go anywhere near the hot sauce. Ask for the mild. And, oh, the employees were really nice as well.

Visited May 2013

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Really guys?”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I've got a pretty good taste for food, and like I told my kids when they were young, "I don't eat stuff that tastes bad." We at at the Pig-n-Chik over on Briarcliff, near Emory U. Amazing food. Great BBQ, Great sauces, Brunswick stew was probably the best I have ever had. Don't know where the average reviews are coming from. BBQ was smoky, and crazy good.

• Visited March 2013
Tampa, Florida, United States
“average BBQ at best”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I was in Atlanta recently, and checked out the Pig and Chick on the recommendation of a co-worker. She really likes the place. I was very disappointed. I should have known not to eat there when I failed to see or smell any smoke when I got out of the car. This is not a good sign for a BBQ place. I really enjoyed the french fries, and they serve the BBQ the correct way, on two thick slices of white bread, but every thing else was lacking. The pork was over cooked, mushy, and flavorless, and the baked beans tasted like they were from a can. I am something of a BBQ snob, so I would not dine here again, but for those not as picky about their BBQ, then this place would be acceptable.

• Visited October 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good food but highly ovepriced”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Pork plates are very good however they are highly overpriced. My advice would be head up roswell to Slopes BBQ which is just as good and much cheaper. 2 People should be able to eat BBQ for less than 30 Dollars.

beaumont, MS
“Meat is Great”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Looking for some good smoked meat, here is the place. Looking for some good BBQ sauce, keep on trucking....

Visited June 2012

Been to Pig-N-Chik BBQ? Share your experiences!