“Hits you right on the spot”

Gladys Knight's Chicken & Waffles Concepts
Ranked #594 of 4,000 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American, Diner, Delicatessen
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We went to Gladys Knight restaurant tonight, we were part of a convention for our company. Parking was free at the back of the restaurant. The place was busy, we came in at 10pm, we waited for only 15 min,service was fast and attentive. We ordered the Uncle Ron, 3 pcs fried chicken, blueberry waffles, collard greens and rice and boy that was a great meal!! Corn bread was amazing! Must try this place if your down in Atlanta

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Food at Gladys spot is good the free parking is hard to find and the bums are out in full force, but if your looking for some soul food in the downtown area then I recommend this spot

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I had a great experience at this restaurant. I expected an 1+ line outside from other reviews, but there was only one group in front of me...inside! The expected wait was 15-20 minutes, and I received a table in less than 5 minutes! The server (Aisha) was as wonderful as the food. I enjoyed fried green tomatoes for an appetizer, and the "midnight train" (chicken & waffles). Delic! Don't let a review turn you around; try it out! Advice - Go before 9pm on a weekend night. My experience was a Friday.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We signed up at 7:00pm for dinner and did not get a table until 9:00pm. Many people waited almost 2 hours just like us. Food was okay, nothing special. Will never do that again.. I could have had the same food somewhere else. Waiter was nice and they do not take credit cards.. cash only and do not pay their wait staff anything extra even though they are saving major fee's.

1  Thank avirtuouslady
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This restaurant survives on the name but does not deliver the goods. The food was not tasty and the service overall was poor. They did not take credit card and after we were forced to pay $7 to park outside right next to the restaurant we saw a tiny sign at the check out counter saying they have free parking. I bet they are in partnership with the car parking folks. I will not be back and will advise my friends to not waste their time or money going there.

Been to Gladys Knight's Chicken & Waffles Concepts? Share your experiences!