“Great Food!”

Cuisines: American, Diner, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband, BFF and I have eaten at this restaurant several times and simply Love the Food. sometimes the service is just a little slow. But nothing to complain about. If you like delicious, cooked just right chicken wings, this is the place to go. The waffles are also
delicious!
Whenever I'm not watching my weight and want a treat, you'll find me caving this place. Yummy!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

The food not good booths run down . Not what we expected all for her name to be on it she may wnat to do better .

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I wanted to have some authentic soul food and I wasn't disappointed. The food was very good. They do not serve alcohol. The policeman inside was a bit rude, not letting people stand inside while waiting and not wanting my husband to wait for me while I used the restroom. Our waitress, however, was very nice. I would recommend this restaurant if in Atlanta.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

This place was really good. Someone in my group started with Desert First and raved out about. Chicken and Waffle dish was very good. I won't say it's the best chicken but it was very good dish. All and all I have nothing negative to say about the place.

Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

In town for a few days and I made a point of making sure not to miss it

I first became aware of it in an episode of "Man vs. Food". What I saw that day made me crave a visit!

So, after a day in a tradeshow at AmericasMart, we decided to walk to the restaurant which was supposed to be "down the street". NOT TRUE... but it ended up being a good idea.

The restaurant is actually about 6-7 long blocks away. We ended up appreciating ther... On the way back.

The place itself is kind or conspicuous on the exterior. It does have a prominent sign, but it's smaller than expected.

Inside the decoration and layout are. great. Prominently displayed are the giant posters of the "creators". Some of their gold records as well as LOTS of pics of the famous artists and sport personalities that have stopped by are prominently displayed.

The waitress was great. The food...

Ah, the food...

Well we ordered the garlic grilled shrimp and the fried green tomatoes as appetizers: EXCELLENT!

For the main course the piece de resistance: The Midnight Train.

I'm not of a waffle eater but it was GREAT: light, fluffy and tasty. The wings were huge and tasty. 2 thumbs up. It's a weird combo, hit it works

The "uptown" drink was delicious too

For dessert we ordered the peach cobbler a la mode and it was FANTASTIC.

All in all, a great experience.

Fortunately, our way back to the car required we walked for a loooong time. PERFECT for a meal like this.