“Wonderful experience”

Cuisines: American, Diner, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This was a must for me on my visit to Atlanta, and after reading the reviews I was hesitant. I am happy I visited. We went on a Monday night around 7pm. We walked right in and was seated immediately. I had the Midnight train (chicken wings and a waffle). I also tried the macaroni and cheese, collard greens and candied yams. Everything was very good and tasty. For dessert I tried the sweet potato cheesecake which wasn't bad. I would recommend a visit to this place. The atmosphere was okay but the food was awesome. The area was not as disastrous as I read in previous reviews but I can see the business doing much better at a newer, larger facility.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

order the 10 pieces of chicken wings seasoned to perfection its sooooooooooo good .Free parking no wait in line

2  Thank pinay60
Reviewed November 5, 2012

For beginners, the restaurant should do more to stop tbe aggressive panhandling that occurs right at the entrance. At night, that is very scary. Secondly, everything we attempted to order, they happen to be out of even though it was a Wednesday night around 8 & there was no evidence of a rush. It was actually empty. One of the few entrees available was the "Midnight Train". The chicken wings were very bland and fried too hard and it took an act of congress to get warm syrup from the server. They conveniently neglected to tell us that refills were not complimentary. until after we had each ordered a refill. After many pleasant experiences here, I will never return. It is not the place it used to be.

1  Thank Neca77
Reviewed October 31, 2012

OMG! Loved It! I ended up in ATL because I couldn't get home because of Hurricane Sandy. But it was all good. Finally was able to have Chicken and waffles that were GOOD. The Waffles are served with 4 Chicken wings. Also ordered the sauteed shrimp with grits. Hmmm. So good. The shrimp tastes good with the pepper sauce in the bottle. The Ice Tea was also good. And it was not a small glass. The atmosphere was cozy. Pictures all over of celebrities, including Glady's and Ron. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The parking lot though was confusing. There are two. One lot you pay. You have to make sure you park on the side of the restaurant. Would have been nice if there was a back entrance into the restaurant, especially since it's so cold right now.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Wings are whole wings (not just one joint) but not worth $2 each charge if you want to order extra. Enjoyed the balance of meal. Servicers could be a little more professional (hang up personal cell phone).

Been to Gladys Knight's Chicken & Waffles Concepts? Share your experiences!