“Good guiness and chips”
Review of Fado Irish Pub

Fado Irish Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
Fado Irish Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #135 of 4,084 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Irish, British
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Buckhead
Cross street: Peachtree and Buckhead Ave
Description: Fado is an excellent choice for pub favorites and fresh, from-scratch seasonal specials that will reset your expectations of food in an Irish pub. We're currently featuring new seasonal craft beers and housemade cocktails along with a new Snack menu designed for groups looking to share.
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I had dinner with some friends and I decided to try the guiness - I was pleasantly surprised they poured a good pint and it was smooth and cold. I ordered chips with chicken curry - unsual but it was a sweet curry and the chips were crispy so they went down well. The place was quiet for a friday evening - but it still had atmospshere and amibience. I would have been happy to stay longer but we had to leave as my friends had commitments the following day. The service was good kept an eye on when we were close to finishing our drinks but no pushy. I will definately come back here when I'm next in Atlanta.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I had the chance to eat lunch at Fado on a weekday. It was very quiet, as it was a bit early. I and my dining partner shared several appetizers. The hummus with potato pancake dippers WAS INCREDIBLE. They practically melted in my mouth. The chicken fingers were battered in an ale batter (Harps I think) that was so light it was almost tempura-style. Just delicious. The mini burgers were yummy and the salmon bites with the potato pancake "bottoms" were Heaven. The ambiance of the pub felt both warm and "authentic". Great job, Fado!

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

This is one of my favourite bars in Atlanta. The bar is comfortable, the people are friendly, and the Guinness is kept well. The food is good - I usually do either the Lamb French Dip or the All Day Irish Breakfast - yummy.!!!!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We had early reservations on a Friday night. It was a good thing as we did not realize this is the pickup location for young singles in Buckhead. The place quickly became noisy. Our waitress was prompt at seeing us on arrival. However as the evening wore on she became more scarce.
We ordered the cheese –puffs appetizer. It is obvious that they do not want you to fill up on the appetizer. You get three tiny puffs with cheese and jalapenos baked inside on a very long platter. At six bucks these are two dollars apiece and not worth the price.
My wife ordered the broccoli soup and the garden beets and hummus sandwich. She said the sandwich was very tasty. The broccoli soup was thin and only specs of broccoli in it. I had the corned beef and cabbage. It comes with small red potatoes. The corned beef was not fatty, a little salt, but a large portion. The cabbage was hard and very bland as I guess Irish food is intended. Good thing there was malt vinegar nearby to add some flavor.
For dessert we ordered the profiteroles which are described as dipped in chocolate with a pecan cream. What arrived was a long platter with three tiny puffs covered with chocolate. They looked just like the cheese puffs. Except for the chocolate topping they were very bland. Again three for six dollars and not worth the price.
It took a long time to flag down our waitress for the bill. Getting out of the restaurant was a problem. By 7:30 the bar area was overcrowded with single young people drinking and making friends. I have nothing against it other than they solidly blocked passage to the door. It took us five minutes working to the crowd.
Outside was just as bad as the valets were running around like chickens with their heads cut off. The traffic in the road was backed up both ways and took another 10 minutes to get our car. Because the road was so crowded, the valet parked it in the left lane facing directly into oncoming traffic and told us “Good luck”
The food is not that good for the price. It is so noisy you can barely hear the person across the table, you have to almost yell. The table service is poor. And unless you are a young person looking for the bar scene, avoid this place. I will not be back.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and I live a quarter of a mile from Fado and LOVE everything about this place! We have experienced everything from dinner, to fundraisers and even one of our wedding showers here. The staff is always nice and surpisingly, Irish. Much of the bar itself is actually handcrafted and imported from Ireland. The food is delicious and consistent. We especially love the chicken tenders but the fish and chips are a classic. They have taken the Dublin Sampler off of the menu, but you are still able to request it. We order this to share almost every time.
If you are in town during St. Patricks day or a futbol final, make sure to stop in, but be prepared for madness!

Been to Fado Irish Pub? Share your experiences!