“Pricey, but worth it”
Review of Buckhead Diner

Buckhead Diner
Reserve with OpenTable
Buckhead Diner is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 3,974 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American, Diner, Delicatessen
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Peachtree
Description: Buckhead Diner is an American dining experience unlike any other. Inventive and long-time favorite menu items, snappy service, upscale atmosphere and retro style give this Atlanta icon a funky flair all its own. The fun menu and energy-packed atmosphere give guests a taste of nostalgia that’s always in style.
Buford, Georgia
“Pricey, but worth it”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I went here for lunch on a Saturday. Let me start by saying that the service was incredible and the timing of the food was perfect - it didn't take too long, but they gave us time to eat our salads before bringing out the entrees.

Because we rarely eat beef at home, we decided to order hamburgers. We both agree - it was one of the best burgers we've ever had! Juicy, tender and cooked perfectly to order.

We both ordered a Caesar side salad - fresh, crispy romaine, perfect croutons (not too hard, not too soft), shaved Parmesan cheese, and the dressing was delicious.

Also, before our food came out, they brought us a little plate of bread. On it were these amazing little corn muffins - make sure you try one!

For dessert, husband ordered a double chocolate milkshake, which he loved, and I ordered a slice of carrot cake. This was the most amazing carrot cake on the planet! Who would have thought you could make a carrot cake LIGHT and FLUFFY?! I told my husband he has to get me a whole cake for my birthday!

We would probably not eat here for dinner because it's too pricey for our budget, but I cannot wait to go back for a good burger and that amazing carrot cake :)

• Korean first
Orlando, Florida
“GREAT FOOD & SERVICE- pRICEY”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Very nice atmosphere. You get the feeling like your in an expensive restaurant and it is. The waiters are in tuxedos with a lot of smiles. The food is very good.

Visited March 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Hamburger Paradise”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Amazing hamburger. Great parking and access to my hotel. Staff was friendly. I will be dreaming of the burger for many nights to come.

• Visited March 2013
“Great comfort food for a Sunday dinner”
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

What a nice family jewel right in the heart of Buckhead. It's so nice to be able to come to a restaurant here in Atlanta where they still have southern manners, great food, and the best personal service. I was additionally impressed with the manager coming over to our table and greeting us by name. You don't find that kind of service except at the high end restaurants where you pay for it. My son and I had the fried chicken. Wow. Thought I could finish it but it took me down. The bread is fresh from the bakery across the street. Megan did wonderful as our server. Be sure to ask for her when you come in. Great job folks!

Atlanta, GA
“Hour &1/2 wait not worth it”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband and I went to Buckhead Diner because the food is good comfort food. When we arrived, the bar was hopping and we were told it would be 30 minutes, so we joined the bar activity and ran into a few friends - one couple had been waiting over 45 minutes although they had called ahead. We should have taken that as a sign.
Anyway, after 1 1/2 hour we finally sat down. The calamari appetizer had good flavor, but was swimming in sauce. The crab cake was delicious - crab and no filler! and of course no dinner there is complete without the banana cream pie.
No place though - no matter how good - is worth waiting 1 1/2 hours.