“The outdoor setting at Canoe is unbeatable!”
Review of Canoe

Canoe
Ranked #6 of 4,020 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Chattahoochee River / Woodland Brook
Description: Canoe is located in Atlanta's historic Vinings area on the Chattahoochee River where Buckhead meets Vinings. Canoe's beautiful historic riverside setting makes it the perfect spot for weddings, receptions and private celebrations. Its original cuisine and distinctive design have already been featured in Bon Appetit, Food And Wine, Gourmet, The Wine Spectator and The New York Times. Canoe, recipient of the prestigious Mobil 4 Star Award, was also selected as one of the "Best New Restaurants" in the country by the James Beard Foundation.
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Out of everywhere in ATL, I picked Canoe to celebrate my birthday last Thursday night. I absolutely loved it here from beg to end! Driving up the reviews warned me it was in a strip mall, but they also told me that it didn't matter. Once you park, you only see beauty from that point on! The staff was very personable, making us feel special from the start. The menu was eclectic but comfortable at the same time. I highly recommend the cold Salmon appetizer, it was to die for! Trust me get the BIG portion :). Food was great but the atmosphere was PERFECT. I will definitely go back to Canoe and excited for it!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,858)

Reviewed June 29, 2014

This is a unique venue for a special evening to celebrate a birthday or anniversary. Nestled on the river in Vindings with beautiful grounds and a bar on the river bank. The food is good but not great. The service is excellent.

1  Thank GTS345
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

My bestfriends birthday was on the rise I had to come up with a very acquaint and safisticated location bamm I found it and here we are fir brunch omg omg the atmosphere was perfect and my goodnes lets not forget about the meal it was so go we did not say a word from the start ti finish oh yes we did finish it was absolutely Devine . Started with tropical twist momosa instead having a traditional he changed it up for Oohh that was a kicker our waiter was the sweetest and funny made us feel right at home . Honestly make a reservation sit outside please take in the view walk out close to to river sit on the lawn chairs the most comfortable wooden chairs ever and breath relax take it all in great place for brunch . You will not be disappointed

2  Thank 917allday
Reviewed June 26, 2014

My son and I went to the Canoe for lunch. Be advised....dress appropriately. They will probably serve you no matter what, but you will feel under dressed if you show up in t-shirt and shorts. Very classy without the "too classy" feel.
The burger was probably the best I've ever had, and I'm from cattle country in Nebraska. I believe it was 70% beef and 30% duck, maybe? It was medium rare and it was delicious. My son had shrimp. Wonderful classy place. Worth the trip.

1  Thank Huskerfan1942
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I've lived in metro-ATL for 13yrs, and have heard about Canoe for about that long. Well, I finally made it there for our recent wedding anniversary. We had a 7:30 reservation, so we ordered drinks at the bar and took a walk outside to stroll the grounds by the Chattahoochee, where we discovered they have an outdoor bar as well. After finishing our drinks, we were seated at an outdoor table that had a lovely view of the river. We were promptly greeted by our server, who informed us about featured appetizers and entrees for the evening. He was knowledgable , guided us around the menu, and suggested a bottle of wine wifey and I could agree on! I had the mussel appetizer, which was an excellent choice. Perfectly cooked in a tasty broth. For our entrees, she had the salmon and I had the rainbow trout. Both good, but both could have been a little more seasoned. We finished off the evening and the bottle of wine at the outdoor bar watching the sunset.

1  Thank refinedruffneck

Been to Canoe? Share your experiences!