“It's number 1 for a reason!”
Review of Canoe

Canoe
Reserve with OpenTable
Canoe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 3,941 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Chattahoochee River / Woodland Brook
Description: Canoe is located in Atlanta's historic Vinings area on the Chattahoochee River where Buckhead meets Vinings. Canoe's beautiful historic riverside setting makes it the perfect spot for weddings, receptions and private celebrations. Its original cuisine and distinctive design have already been featured in Bon Appetit, Food And Wine, Gourmet, The Wine Spectator and The New York Times. Canoe, recipient of the prestigious Mobil 4 Star Award, was also selected as one of the "Best New Restaurants" in the country by the James Beard Foundation.
Madison, Alabama
“It's number 1 for a reason!”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at Canoe. It was a great experience. We made early reservations for 5:30 pm (which is the time that they re-open for dinner). We arrived early so we took a stroll through the organic gardens and walked alongside the river. The grounds were very nice. The hostess greeted us warmly and sat us in the lounge until our table was ready. (I am not sure but this may be a way to get you to start drinking before you get to your table.) At any rate, we did not order drinks in the lounge. Once seated, our waitress Hope gave us an excellent explanation of the items on the menu. Next we were presented with a choice of 4 different types of bread baked in-house. I opted to try one of each. My favorite was the olive bread. My husband's favorite was the spicy flat bread. They also had sourdough and a cranberry walnut bread which were also very good. For appetizers, my husband chose the African soup. I chose the beet salad with goat cheese. They were both excellent. For our entree we had the steak with potatoes and brussels sprouts. The steak was perfect! I didn't care for the potatoes but I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the brussels sprouts. Hope mentioned that they remove the outer leaves and grill the hearts which eliminates the bitterness. They were delicious. We chose the apple tart for dessert. When they delivered the dessert, we noticed that they had written"happy anniversary" in chocolate on the dessert plate. As you might expect, the tart was great. This was a great experience. I can not remember the last time I have been as excited to discuss a meal. This restaurant is number 1 in Atlanta for a reason! Valet parking is required because parking is severely limited.

1 Thank Bernadine B

Atlanta, Georgia
“First Class Experience”
Reviewed December 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Beautiful room, good menu, great service, have to go back and check patio when the weather is warmer

Visited December 2013
Atlanta
“Excellent!”
Reviewed December 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This wonderful place never fails to meet high expectations. Dinner for five with five different appetizers and four different main dishes that were superb. Highly recommend the smoked salmon and lamb chops done to the chefs specifications. The popcorn Sunday was the best as always. The service, five star as always!!

Visited November 2013
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Lovely setting, excellent service, excellent smoked salmon”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

On the way back to the airport, we had a brief opening to try a new restaurant for lunch; read about Canoe online. The setting is quite beautiful, on the banks of the Chattahoochee River with an Audobon designated wildlife sanctuary in the back in plain view from the dining room. The service was stellar, from the friendly front desk staff, completely without attitude, to the informative and helpful waiter. The highlight of the meal was the smoked salmon appetizer over crisp potato cakes with goat cheese -- beautiful and inventive presentation with a nice mix of interesting flavors. Of note, they have an on-site smoke house, as well as bakery for all the bread, among other home-made touches. The spring rolls were tasty and crisp without a hint of greasiness. I had orchietta with lamb/pork bolognese -- just the right touch of spice; the waiter warned me that the pasta was a bit excessive, but I like a lot of pasta, so not a problem for me. All in all, a truly enjoyable meal; will definitely return when in Atlanta.

Woodstock, Georgia
“Lunch at Canoe”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

A group of us went to lunch at Canoe on Friday, Dec 6. I was really looking forward to it as it was my first visit and had heard so many good things about it. Pulled up and the parking lot was absolutely filled with every parking spot taken. They do have complimentary valet parking and good thing they did as they must have a secret lot somewhere to put all those cars. We had a leisurely lunch and were not rushed at all and the service was top notch. I really enjoyed the African squash soup and had I not been in a public setting would have picked up the bowl and licked it out - it was so, so good. I had the chimichurri chicken tacos and they were quite tasty. Also had a pumpkin sorbet for dessert and was quite pleased with my selection. Very nice and memorable lunch looking out at the river. Enjoyed my visit and will return to experience the springtime seasonal menus and the wonderful river view.

• Visited December 2013

Been to Canoe? Share your experiences!