“Perfect for Special Occasions”
Review of Canoe

Canoe
Ranked #6 of 4,043 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Chattahoochee River / Woodland Brook
Description: Canoe is located in Atlanta's historic Vinings area on the Chattahoochee River where Buckhead meets Vinings. Canoe's beautiful historic riverside setting makes it the perfect spot for weddings, receptions and private celebrations. Its original cuisine and distinctive design have already been featured in Bon Appetit, Food And Wine, Gourmet, The Wine Spectator and The New York Times. Canoe, recipient of the prestigious Mobil 4 Star Award, was also selected as one of the "Best New Restaurants" in the country by the James Beard Foundation.
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I chose this Restaurant to celebrate my wife's birthday during our visit to Atlanta. As it was rated the #1 Restaurant in Atlanta I had high expectations and they certainly were met. Located on the banks of the Chattahoochee River it has a great location and view which complements the outstanding menu. Our family dined on chicken, duck and lamb shanks that evening and every meal was outstanding as was the service. The staff were friendly and attentive and my two young daughters also got to chat to the chef who helped them decide on what might be a good meal for them. I cannot say enough good things about Canoe and I would return in a heartbeat should we ever come back to Atlanta.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,896)

Reviewed March 12, 2013

service! We were in Atlanta for a conference and heard about Canoe. The seven of us had dinner on a Saturday night and really enjoyed the ambiance. We were enjoying our cocktails and chatting about our conference and had not noticed we had not received our entrees. Christie, the manager came by to apologize and offered us complimentary desserts. We were surprised and happy with the gesture. After a great meal they brought out all of their desserts for us to try and gave Dr. Bunn a happy surprise on the bill. Canoe really knows how to make their customers happy!!
Bunn Orthodontic Group

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Whether you are planning a casual evening out or a celebration banquet, CANOE is an epitome of excellence. There have been a few management personnel over the years whose aloofness I found unpleasant ; maintaining one's humility may be more difficult in the Zagat limelight, but the greater the exposure the more important a reserved manner can be! And the additional truth remains that if I were responsible for wait-staff education, particularly the subtle nuances of customer psychology, I would raise the bar significantly at this present writing.

Small criticisms not withstanding, when I am planning a culinary event that requires seamless attention to every detail, CANOE remains on the top of my list.

when I need seamless attention to a special culinary event, CANOE is on top of my list.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

This is a great place to go for a romantic dinner, outside. Had really good food, with excellent service. Meals are interesting, but not really inventive. So you are sure to enjoy your meal, sometimes restaurants try too hard, and put really strange combinations together. They are interesting, and flavorful, and always solidly excellent. Love there crab. Salads are great, Desserts are big enough to split.

Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Ambiance galore. Superb menu. Beautiful setting along the river. Visit the chef's garden just outside the dining room.