“Excellent food and service”

McKendrick's Steak House
Ranked #118 of 3,986 Restaurants in Atlanta
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: I 285
Transit: MARTA – Perimeter Mall
Description: One of the original great Steakhouses of North America.
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I highly recommend this first class steak house. Food was delicious and the service was the best I've seen in some time.

There are newer reviews for McKendrick's Steak House

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Food was spectacular from appetizer through main course. Best filet mignon ever. Service was outstanding. Ambiance was good. Free valet parking. No room for dessert! Pricey, but well worth it for a special event with friends.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Delicious food, great ambiance, excellent service! I've told all my friends about this place. This is my new favorite steakhouse.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We were take to McKendrick's for a company wide dinner and it was great. As you probably know from my other reviews I'm a vegetarian and I was a little worried about attending since it is a steakhouse. No worries, they had several sides I could eat but I chose the baked potato. Or should I say the humongous baked potato. I bet it weighed over 2 pounds. It was nice not to have to have a salad again and still be full. While I can't speak for the meat eaters I do know that everything was scarfed down by them within 10 minutes and those were some big steaks, fish and chicken entrees. No one complained, everyone asked when we'd be visiting again. Then the desserts were brought out . . .now this was Yummy for the Tummy time. There is a variety and they will even bring vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup, which isn't listed on the menu. The wait staff was excellent including a waiter named Jamie and I believe another called Robert. Very attentive without smothering you. Nice. I would recommend this place for adults but wouldn't necessarily bring young children. It may be different during the day but they do serve wine and mixed drinks and have a bar so those with little ones, heads up.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

McKendrick's is a favorite for business lunches and dinners in the Dunwoody area. The crowd you find in here is typically NOT couples, but rather tables full of business folks dining on someone's expense account. And why not, it's a great meal that doesn't require driving into town.

The experience is what you would expect from a high end steak house. White table clothes, low lighting, constant attention from waiters and their assistants are the norm. The steaks are very good, although I would rate Chops as probably the best steakhouse in Atlanta.

The location is directly across the street from Perimeter Mall, nestled among dozens of office high-rises in the area. Ample self parking is available as well as valet. Reservations are recommended, and they are on Open Table, always convenient.

Bottom line is good food, great service, but bring your wallet.