“Best steak in Atlanta by far!”
Review of Hal's On Old Ivy

Hal's On Old Ivy
Reserve with OpenTable
Hal's On Old Ivy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #71 of 4,084 Restaurants in Atlanta
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Buckhead
Transit: Piedmont & Habersham
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I frequent Hal's as often as possible. Everything on the menu is fabulous. New York prime or Bones can't compare.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is what steak restaurants used to be like before everyone got politically correct and removed all personality from their dining experience. Oysters on the half shell, big juicy steaks. Fantastic bar with conversationalist bartenders. Like going back in time. Fun!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Hal's is one of our all time favorite places. I have been many times, and not ever had such awful inattentive service as I received last Friday. When my girlfriend and I arrived , our party was already seated, by the windows, downstairs. Everyone was enjoying a cocktail. It took 10 minutes for our server to get our drink order, then he had to be reminded of it "3" times. After that our food arrived and was fabulous. We would of liked more bread and wine, but we just couldn't pin down our server long enough to ask. When at last our bill was presented our server( a very large man) went on to talk about his personal life, as if we should tip him more. He was inattentive and a bit arrogant, therefore his tip was standard. I will not sit in that section again. Come on Hal's, you are known for your classy service, not mediocre service

Reviewed August 22, 2013

First time dining here. I had heard about it frequently and chose to try it for a business dinner. The food quality is very good and the service was very attentive. I did have a staek and would certainly recommend the filet but I am not certain that it would consider it the best steak in Atlanta area as I have had better at a few other places. Of course individiual taste creates a preference. You certainly will enjoy the steak here Nad the atmosphe is also quite good. Enjoy.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We return again and again to Hal's on Old Ivy, for all of the that they offer. Whether it's the ambiance, to wines, or the steaks, Hal's delivers a consistent performance every time. From the oyster appetizers to the bread pudding, and the steaks in between, helpful servers guide, suggest, and sometimes cajole diners into the correct and best selections. Trust me-I trust them.

Been to Hal's On Old Ivy? Share your experiences!