“Good quality food and service”
Review of Hal's On Old Ivy

Hal's On Old Ivy
Reserve with OpenTable
Hal's On Old Ivy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #88 of 3,955 Restaurants in Atlanta
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Buckhead
Transit: Piedmont & Habersham
Duluth, Georgia
“Good quality food and service”
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

First time dining here. I had heard about it frequently and chose to try it for a business dinner. The food quality is very good and the service was very attentive. I did have a staek and would certainly recommend the filet but I am not certain that it would consider it the best steak in Atlanta area as I have had better at a few other places. Of course individiual taste creates a preference. You certainly will enjoy the steak here Nad the atmosphe is also quite good. Enjoy.

Visited August 2013

Winder, GA
“Hal's delivers once again.”
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We return again and again to Hal's on Old Ivy, for all of the that they offer. Whether it's the ambiance, to wines, or the steaks, Hal's delivers a consistent performance every time. From the oyster appetizers to the bread pudding, and the steaks in between, helpful servers guide, suggest, and sometimes cajole diners into the correct and best selections. Trust me-I trust them.

Visited July 2013
“Awesome filet; great sides”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My filet was done to perfection and the sides (especially the sauteed spinach) were very, very nice. Great wine list and excellent service.

• Visited August 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great steak, good sea bass, love the atmosphere”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My husband got the bone-in rib eye and I tasted it, very good.. seasoned perfectly and I do not normally like rib-eyes. I chose the sea bass which was a special of the night and it was very flaky, mild and very good. We also tried the fried oysters which were delicious. However the only reason I did not give a 5 star was because of the lobster bisque. I was very disappointed in it as I always order lobster bisque in any restaurant that it is offered. However,I prefer the creamy milk and butter version and this was extremely tart, vinegar tomato based more like a gumbo based which I did not like at all. I ate 2 bites and told the waiter I did not like it at all and he just picked up the bowl and acted like he did not even notice which I thought was very rude.

• Visited August 2013
Detroit, MI
“How to say ..MMMMMMMM ..Good”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We were told about this steakhouse in Atlanta and trust me you will not be disappoint. Fillet melts in the month. The Rack of Lamb ..let me say the only thing left on the plate were the bones. ( That was a picky eater) and the 3rd entry was fish special and it was excellent. So let say steak, lamb and fish all done perfectly what else can you say ....Not cheap but these type of meals normally are not.

• Visited July 2013