“Awesome filet; great sides”
Review of Hal's On Old Ivy

Hal's On Old Ivy
Reserve with OpenTable
Hal's On Old Ivy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #94 of 4,041 Restaurants in Atlanta
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Buckhead
Transit: Piedmont & Habersham
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My filet was done to perfection and the sides (especially the sauteed spinach) were very, very nice. Great wine list and excellent service.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

My husband got the bone-in rib eye and I tasted it, very good.. seasoned perfectly and I do not normally like rib-eyes. I chose the sea bass which was a special of the night and it was very flaky, mild and very good. We also tried the fried oysters which were delicious. However the only reason I did not give a 5 star was because of the lobster bisque. I was very disappointed in it as I always order lobster bisque in any restaurant that it is offered. However,I prefer the creamy milk and butter version and this was extremely tart, vinegar tomato based more like a gumbo based which I did not like at all. I ate 2 bites and told the waiter I did not like it at all and he just picked up the bowl and acted like he did not even notice which I thought was very rude.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We were told about this steakhouse in Atlanta and trust me you will not be disappoint. Fillet melts in the month. The Rack of Lamb ..let me say the only thing left on the plate were the bones. ( That was a picky eater) and the 3rd entry was fish special and it was excellent. So let say steak, lamb and fish all done perfectly what else can you say ....Not cheap but these type of meals normally are not.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

let me start by saying that I probably had the best steak ever there.there is absolutely nothing to complain about with the food. My husband and I were on an anniversary vacation and trying to find a nice place to eat close to our hotel. By nice I mean good food, not necessarily a fancy place. This restaurant was recommended to us by our concierge, and after calling to ensure that there weren't any stringent dress codes to abide by, we decided to take a short walk and eat there. When we walked in we got those strange looks. We had jeans and casual shirts on, but not t shirts. The hostess and host spoke for a moment and then they proceeded to lead us toward a table. While there was a window by the table, we were clearly in a spot in the restaurant so that we would be hidden from the other patrons. It was literally under the stairs. We tried to joke about it, but in the same sense who wants to be hidden under some stairs? In my opinion my money spends the same weather I'm in a business suit, or jeans and a shirt. Our waiter was very kind, & I had no problems with our service. If you want a great steak, this is the place to go, however be careful what you wear.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Ok, we're always looking for our next favorite restaurant, particularly in Atlanta, and we both agree that Hal's just may be the place. We went for dinner on a Friday night at 6:30, the valet was waiting and ready to take care of the Mustang and inside the hostess quickly found our reservation and in just a minute we were on our way to our table. Frankly this was a little disappointing because we wanted to hang out and see the action in the bar. People were already dancing at 6:30!

At our table the service was prompt and professional. She had their special - Sea Bass and I went for the filet and a creamed spinach side. Both of our choices were exceptional. Now we've dined at Bones, Mortons, NY Prime, Palm, and the rest but I must say that my steak at Hal's is probably the best steak I've ever had in Atlanta. Highly Recommended!!

Been to Hal's On Old Ivy? Share your experiences!