“Pure Swank and a Great Steak!”
Review of Hal's On Old Ivy

Hal's On Old Ivy
Reserve with OpenTable
Hal's On Old Ivy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #109 of 4,000 Restaurants in Atlanta
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Buckhead
Transit: Piedmont & Habersham
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

First of all I want to say when I stepped in I felt as I just walked into a prohibition era speakeasy full of classy folks just having a merry ol time. The aptmosphere is absolutely the world class.
Second our waiter, Andrej, took service to a level I've never seen before. He chatted with us and actually got to know us for a minute before he say us. His knowledge of this chop house was mind blowing from exactly how to cook and prepare to suggesting what goes with which steak. Andrej also checked on our table the perfect amount of time. Not too little not too much.
I wouldn't recommend to eat here if you enjoy complaining because anything slightly wrong will be immediately fixed by the waiter or his/her assistants
Enjoy the best steak you'll ever eat @ Hals!

Reviewed December 15, 2012

We went here on a Tuesday for a business meeting and the place was packed. We ate upstairs in a cramped dining room away from the smokey first floor. The service was great, the rack of lamb in wine and mint reduction sauce was superb and my wife's filet was like butter. The place caters to an older crowd and until today, l'd never even heard of the place.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is one of my favorite special occasion spots. The filet (blackened is my favorite) is the best steak in Atlanta. The garlic bread, escargot, oysters, mac 'n cheese, sea bass and asparagus are also delicious. It's a little noisy and draws an older crowd, but if you're looking for a great steak and all around delicious meal, this is the spot!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

High end, and always 5* meals at Hal's. There isn't much to say other than this place nails it! The filet is probably what they are most famous for, so order up and enjoy!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Went here while on business in ATL. Amazing. The best filet I have ever had. I have been to a lot of steakhouses and this is absolutely the best. I loved it so much I went 2 nights in a row. First night I sat at the bar and had dinner. Second night I had a table, much more comfy. I would recommend making reservation and avoid eating at bar, it gets packed and you might feel like people are hovering a bit too close to your meal. Grilled oysters are a must try.