“Outstanding ”
Review of King and Duke

King and Duke
Reserve with OpenTable
King and Duke is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 4,021 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Not only was the wait staff absolutely adorable, and the fun book if drinks truly remarkable, the food itself was such a treat! Our waiter told us that the twist to this place was that all the food somehow comes in contact with fire, so the flavors of smoke or grill is always present. Boy was he not kidding!!! We absolutely loved the lamb belly, which is one of the best things I've ever eaten.The duck(smoked, confitted, and then somehow fire singed was to die for, and the slow cooked lamb was so tender I think I could have eaten it with a spoon! The entree portions are also huge so order accordingly! Will def have to visit again!!!!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Okay so my son lives in Buckhead and I occasionally meet him for lunch. We try new places. He being the hipster ha! And me well let's just say I have eaten in Michelin starred to the Varsity. So my son is like oh this and that. The chef is this , it's trendy yada yada. Here is the deal trendy still needs to meet the requirement of edible. Edible good food. Lets start. You can valet your car good point. This place was previously a Mexican restaurant and the decor is disjointed . But clean. Upstairs + downstairs and outdoor seating. I was here for lunch. Staff was very friendly, service prompt. Now the food. The menu is a miss mosh of trendy , lets see how trendy we can be. You will find many items that seem to say if you are not eating this you are way not cool. We had a party of four. At lunch there were many women in their 30, 40 50 having girl lunches. Then business people lunching too. We started with the pimento cheese hushpuppy appetizer. 4 fried to the hilt hushpuppies arrive at the table with a 1/2 of teaspoon of pimento cheese on the side. $8.00 app that's $2.00 apiece for that unappetizing dish. I had the market grouper, others had the steak sandwich, the turkey sandwich , and the fish sandwich. The sandwiches came with fries. The fries were probably the best thing. Steak was $16, turkey$12, fish $15. My grouper $29. I totally dislike the presentation of the grouper. It was weird tasting and it was supposed to come with roasted cauliflower if you could find it on the plate. Minuscule pieces of cauliflower but no cauliflower purée as was described by the waiter. Horrible presentation with hazelnut gibberish crap . Really. Hazelnuts because it is so much trendier then perhaps pecans or macadamia . Been there , done that , huh , well it does not work for $29 . Gooblygouk . One of the worst grouper dishes I have ever had. No one loved their sandwiches. The worst was the fish sandwich. Can I honestly say McDonald ' s may be better. But the fries were better. Look if you are looking to try some weird combos with trendy ingredients by some trending chef by all means go here. Pay high prices. Feel cool. Portions are small. Service is good. I shall not return to throw away $88.56 on lunch again. My trendy son probably will.

Thank ms.go-go
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Large bar scene with good looking people, interesting drinks and attentive bar staff. If you want a quiet meal, ask for a table upstairs. Also outside seating if weather permits. Ratatouille is very good and I don't like most of the things in it, which says a lot about the amazing flavor and spices. Also, don't leave without having some of their fries, they are outstanding!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is really an wonderful new spot. The menu was very creative. The lamb belly starter may have been one of the best things I have ever eaten. Nice wine list, good service. Very cool crowd. I will definitely go back.
However, one warning. You can smell the amazing smells from this place a block away. That was fun and exciting walking down the street. When you walk in the door though...you understand why you can smell it so far away. The whole place is a dense haze of meat smoke. Dont get me wrong...I loved it! But...my clothes needed immediate dry cleaning. Just dont be shocked by it.
Small price to pay for a yummy meal.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Walked right in on a Thursday evening and sat at the bar for dinner. My husband had the little gem salad; I had the simple salad; we then split the crab toast appetizer and the trout. Every bite was delicious. We used to come when Nava was there. Atmosphere and decor totally changed. Was a delight and we will return.