“Great meal enhanced by atmosphere”

Terra Terroir Kitchen and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Terra Terroir Kitchen and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #240 of 3,958 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: North Druid Hills / Brookhaven
Transit: Brookhaven Marta walking distance
Atlanta
“Great meal enhanced by atmosphere”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Location - check. Bar service - check. Price point - check. Unique, delicious food - oh yeah! This small wine bar and foodie type restaurant is across the street from the Brookhaven Marta Station next to a drugstore in a long in the tooth strip mall. But check it out, and you will see why it has its regulars and might be hard to snag a table- especially outdoors. Friday nights they have a very nice reasonable wine happy hour. A great meal I had recently was the crispy brussel sprout appetizer and a seared salmon with some creamy grits and mushrooms. Entrees will run you about 20 -25 at dinnertime, but it is full meal and not alacarte. Service is great. Even if you cannot get a table on their patio, it is a nice bar to enjoy your first glass of wine in, and the indoors is cozy and warm ambience. I think this would by my first choice such as a small intimate event such as an engagement dinner or birthday celebration. Love it and will go often!

• Visited October 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden jewel”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

First time, you'll probably drive right past this place. After all it's in a nondescript strip mall. When you do find it, however, you will be charmed. It's a little sliver of a place, longer than wide, a bit like a shotgun house. In the back, however, is the most delightful patio you can imagine and a fabulous bar. The food is wonderful, the wine and beer lists extensive, and the cocktails creative. I always order the fig salad with rugula, sautéed figs, gorgonzola, bacon, prosciutto crisps and toasted walnuts. It's an unusual combination that just works well, with the spicy arugula offset by the sweet figs. Last trip, I had -- and loved -- the grilled flank steak with jasmine rice, arugula & pickled vegetable salad & sweet chili ginger dressing. A little arugula overload for sure, but hey, that was my choice! The steak was cooked to perfection with just the right bit of char. I tasted my companion's spinach ravioli with fried shallots, truffle oil, and a choice of sauces and meat accessories. He went for chicken and pesto cream. He was right to do so. Pasta was fresh. Had to be. We shared the bread adding, which also was good. Ok, so I have no complaints. This just might be my favorite new place!

• Visited February 2014
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Delicious neighborhood venue”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

The decor in Terra Terroir will enchant you, especially on the porch. You feel as if you have been transported to a magical land. Once you have relaxed in this special setting, prepare for the food to delight you. We enjoyed the crispy brussel sprouts to start, and then we split the spinach ravioli with mushroom cream sauce. Fantastic!!!

• Visited December 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Gluten Unfriendly”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Used to be our go to place. After celiac diagnosis we have tried to visit 3 times. First time waiter said pick what you want and I will check to see if it is gluten free. After 3 choices and 10-15 min between choices the rest of the table got there meals. We all were upset that they had food and I did not. The waiter flippantly said that I should eat plain lettuce if I wanted to eat with everyone. So I did. The place was only half full.
Next time after the table waited to order until I got confirmation that my choice was gluten free the food made me very sick. We went through the unpleasant pick and check activity.
The kids home from school begged to return to our special place. I called during the day to discuss my and my son's illness. At the suggestion of the manager, we made late reservations and requested the 2 special meals and allergy be noted on the reservation so that the server would understand. When we were seated we were told that they were out of our "choice". I began the difficult process of "you pick and I will ask the chief". My husband, daughter, and son's girlfriend waited to order until my son and I got something chosen. After 20 min and several trips to the kitchen the server came and said the chief was too busy to answer our questions anymore. We stood up and left.
We went to There in Town Brookhaven where we were welcomed even though it was time to close the kitchen. The server understood our special needs and even warned us away from a dish that might have cross-contamination. There is now our go to place!

• Visited July 2013
atlanta
“Nice restaurant!”
Reviewed December 3, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I went to Terra Terroir because I heard about it some time ago and I wanted to check it out. It looks like a Mexican restaurant from outside and it's very nice! It was cold, but we were sitting on a covered, heated patio which was perfect! Our waiter, Jamal (I think that's his name:) was very nice!! I ordered scallops with risotto (under small plates) and Brussels sprouts( as a starter, not a side). I liked the scallops with risotto, but there were only two scallops and it's $18 which I think it's a bit much compering to different restaurants that serve something similar. Brussels sprouts were good, maybe a bit oily, but with the sauce (a bit spicy, but for me spicy is mild for regular people) they were much better. My friend got them too and loved them. Except the scallops price that was too high, I think it's a great restaurant. I will go back there :) oh and no problem with parking because it's a huge lot next to Rite aid and McDonald's. Enjoy :)

Visited November 2013