“Not what I expected....not authentic flavor.”
Review of Machu Picchu - CLOSED

Machu Picchu
Cuisines: Latin, South American
Atlanta, Georgia
“Not what I expected....not authentic flavor.”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We visited this place on a Saturday afternoon around 2pm, only two other tables were occupied. We ordered the Lunch Menu, which includes a soup or an appetizer, an entree and sweet ice tea for $8.75. I had the Sopa de Pollo (Chicken Soup) and Chaufa with Beef as an Entree. My husband had an Empanada de Res (Beef Turnover) as Appetizer and Chaufa with Beef as Entree. We were completely disappointed, there was no flavor. I do not think we will go back.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Nuova_Vita

Memphis, Tennessee
“Authentic Peruvian food!”
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

We enjoyed the chicha morada the beef empanada and the ahi de gallina were perfect and the portions we just right.

1 Thank CoolAb25
Kennesaw, Georgia
“Not at all what I was expecting.”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I had been wanting to try this restaurant for a while, since there aren't too many peruvian places around and I had heard good things from my dad and sister who had been. I took a date who had never had any sort of ethnic food other than Tex-Mex so I was really hoping to blow him away. Here's what we got.

Drinks:
Chicha Morada - Purple corn drink - very unusual, hard to describe. Sweet and spice-y, like maybe it had some nutmeg in it? It was good.
Pisco Sour - probably not worth the $7 price tag. It was very sweet, and tasted almost like it was made with sour mix and not from scratch. I would have finished it, but I had to drive home and it was hard to tell just how strong the drink was through the sweetness.

Appetizer:
Platanos Maduros - Fried sweet plantains. The best thing we ate!
Our meal also came with bread and butter, which was lightly toasted and tasty.

Meals:
Cevicho de Pescado - Fish ceviche. I was very disappointed. The fish was still mostly pink and very mushy, not at all firm like I'm used to. I think it wasn't allowed to marinate for long enough, so I wonder if my leftovers today will be any better. Also, it came topped with way too many red onions and not enough cilantro. I love cilantro but I could barely taste it in my dish.
Picante de Mariscos - I was expecting a much creamier "creamy seafood sauce" but overall this dish wasn't bad. My date complained that it didn't have enough flavor, however.

Other things:
Sizes: They give you the option of a small or large dish, but when we were ordering, our waiter told us that the small was practically nothing so we each got the large size and that really upped the price of the meal. The seafood dish was $18.50! The total bill for 2 came to around $50 before tip.
Service: Our waiter was very nice, but not terribly attentive. We had to ask every time we wanted refills on our water, but this isn't too big of a deal to me. The restaurant was pretty empty at 8 on a Monday so we didn't have much trouble getting his attention.

Overall, I would definitely like to come back some day, maybe for lunch, and see if I have a better experience. Stand by for further review.

• Visited May 2012
Tampa, Florida
“Excellent Peruvian Restaurant”
Reviewed July 4, 2011

We came from out of town for a quick weekend getaway and I always try to visit Peruvian restaurants when I am in a larger city. The atmosphere was very family-friendly, very clean and wonderful food. The portions were hearty and the Jalea (the fried seafood with lime dish) was fresh and tasty. We can't wait to go back to visit.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank 3kidsnhappy
nashville
“Probably the worst lunch of my life.”
Reviewed July 14, 2010

Almost $ 65.00 for lunch. I asked for two pisco sours, they came in a huge glass, no pisco in it whatsoever, it tasted like pinneapple juice. The ceviche was expensive and small, full of onions and garlic. I was asked if I wanted corn with it, I said yes, little that I know they charge $ 6.00 extra for a little piece of corn, the ceviche was an insult to this dish. I decided to go with something simple so I ordered fried fish with rice, what I received was a fish stick, the "papa rellena" was old. This restaurant used to excellent a few years ago, obviously under the new owners every thing has changed, I felt like I was robbed.

1 Thank jcmpisco