“Great Seafood and a Good Time” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of McKinnon's Louisiane Restaurant

McKinnon's Louisiane Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
McKinnon's Louisiane Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #302 of 3,906 Restaurants in Atlanta
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Buckhead
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Seafood and a Good Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

We visited McKinnon's with four friends. While the seafood has a Cajun accent, it is not as spicy as Midwesterners assume. My friend who should know, said that this accurately represents true Cajun cuisine. My wife had Amberjack which she loved. I had Scallops which were great. Everyone was well satisfied. Since we had not seen each other for a long time, we wanted a place where conversation was possible. We talked for a long time, 2.5 hours, and were not rushed by the staff. As my friend said, "Whenever we are in Atlanta, we go to McKinnons." I agree.

• Visited November 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Fabulous etouffee!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

I loved the food at McKinnon's; the crawfish etouffee was likely the best I've ever had, including visits to great Cajun restaurants in New Orleans and elsewhere. Charming atmosphere; the hostess and owner were exceptionally nice! On the other hand, I found the service to be abysmal, and am rating it this highly due to the excellence of the meal. I realized that there was a large rehearsal dinner the night I dined at McKinnon's, but I felt ignored throughout the meal, and had to wait an inexcusable 15-20 minutes for my check. I have no doubt that on a less busy night, this would be a fabulous restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Peachtree Corners, Georgia
“We loved McKinnon's!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

It is a gem of a restaurant behind a rather unassuming front door in a little strip shopping center on Maple Drive, just a stone's throw off Peachtree Road in Buckhead and across the street from Brown's Jewelers. A friend told us we ought to go there and we are so glad we did! My husband thought the classic Oysters Rockefeller were about the best he'd eaten anywhere. We both enjoyed excellent Chilean Sea Bass with shrimp and a sauce to die for, and for dessert, bread pudding with whiskey sauce. Gotta have that in a New Orleans place!

Owner Aziz Mehram is a very congenial host and we enjoyed hearing his history of this 41-year old tablecloth restaurant. This is Old Atlanta... no glitz, just elegant comfort and very good food prepared from well-loved tried and true recipes. Judging by our look into the crowded piano bar, McKinnon's is obviously a favorite place for a lot of nice people.

We will certainly go back as there are a lot more dishes we'd like to try!

• Visited September 2013
Dothan, Alabama
“Don't miss it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

Older restaurant with a great atmosphere. Some of the best Cajun food I have ever had. The staff is very gracious. They make you feel at home.

• Visited September 2013
“Love their fish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Old Atlanta establishment..at least for us newbies. Old but charming time warp atmosphere with old world service...in fact ,one can over look the short comings in the wine by the glass , very limited list, because the service is top rated..starting from the owner to the service staff.."the customer is always right" must have been invented there. The fish was fresh and cooked to perfection. We will definitely be back ..to bygone times and a gentler world.

• Visited August 2013