“Genuine "nu-owlins" cuisine--excellent gourmet, real Louisiana atmosphere, sincere respectful service.”

McKinnon's Louisiane Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
McKinnon's Louisiane Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #269 of 4,021 Restaurants in Atlanta
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Buckhead
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Foodies pay attention! My standards are high when I have time to enjoy a meal when on the road. Business in the Buckhead area of Atlanta gave me the opportunity to explore local restaurants. As a rule I don't like chains, I prefer personal style over process and I enjoy getting to know a bit about the people responsible for preparing my meal. Owner Aziz runs his restaurant very well, a gracious host and sincere individual he cares about his staff and the experience of every patron. McKinnons is one of Atlantas best kept secrets and is a not-to -miss experience. The cooking is as genuine as you will find in New Orleans itself. Casual dress fine atmosphere is relaxed. The braised halibut is outstanding along with peppered Darby fish. Portions are respectable it's quality, not quantity. If you appreciate quality gourmet and like to be treated well McKinnons this is the place for you.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

I will never eat there again.

Over rated, over priced ($171.00 for four adults and one child five years old) (ice tea to drink no alcohol), small portions, food not very tasty and we left hungry.

They automatically added an 18% tip to our check making the total $171.00.

For example appetizer one 3 inch round crab cake was $9.00.

Service ok, but not eceptional.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Although an Atlanta resident, I travel to New Orleans frequently. Because I love Cajun food, I forget about my previous experiences and return every few years to again try this locally famous restaurant's food. Yet again, my most recent experience would indicate the restaurant is either living on its past laurels or locals simply don't know what good Cajun food is. Service is OK, but not exceptional. Menu prices are quite high, but would be acceptable if the food lived up to its reputation. It doesn't. I and my family have tried a variety of appetizers and entrees here and not a single one would we describe as anything other than ordinary. That combined with prices higher than many places in NOLA itself should cause you to think twice about dining here. I'm not trying to be demeaning in my review. I simply want to let Cajun food fans know that they should look other than at McKinnon's (or, for that matter, in Atlanta) for a good dining experience.

1  Thank John W
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Dining at McKinnon's after an absence of several years was like putting on an old but well taken care of pair of shoes discovered in the back of your closet and wondering why you had stopped wearing them. My wife and I dined at McKinnon's this past Saturday night. We were greeted warmly, seated on the large dining room, and had a wonderful meal. You come here to eat New Orleans style food, which is primarily fish and seafood, with appetizers/sides like fried green tomatoes and red beans and rice. Service was friendly and attentive. It was evident that many of the tables were occupied by regulars.

1  Thank drapap
Reviewed March 18, 2012

What a nice surprise to find that not all restaurants are how they look. This place doesn't look at all appealing, with it's location in a strip mall just off Peachtree. However, on the inside, the staff were great, and the food was fantastic. Well worth a visit.

Been to McKinnon's Louisiane Restaurant? Share your experiences!