“Great Cajun in the heart of Atlanta”

McKinnon's Louisiane Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
McKinnon's Louisiane Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #237 of 3,974 Restaurants in Atlanta
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Buckhead
Seabrook Island, South Carolina
“Great Cajun in the heart of Atlanta”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

We ate here last night for my wife's birthday in part due to the reviews here on Tripadvisor. We were not disappointed. We made reservations but it was not overly crowded. Being St. Patrick's Day might have led other Saturday night diners to other places. We loved everything about our experience.

We started with appetizers. I had the Java Shrimp that was amazing. I will say that if you don't like spicy food you should stay away from that. My wife had the Oysters Elizabeth she loved them. In fact she decided to have two other appetizers as the rest of her meal. She had the Blackened Chicken Livers and the Mussels. Her only complaint was that she went one too many appetizers past her limit. I loved it as I was able to eat some of hers too!

For the main course I had Bourbon Street Scallops largely due to the reviews here. I was not disappointed. Again, it is spicy but I like that. Not only was our food great but the dessert were also great. One thing I like was that the portions were not huge. By the time you get to dessert you are stuffed!

Overall the service was excellent, the food very cajun and creative and the menu is exhaustive where anyone can find something they like. We will be going back!

• Visited March 2012

Vienna, Austria
“A Cajun festival”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Since more than 15 years my lady friend and I who are from Vienna,Austria ,have tried to visit Mc Kinnon´s Lousiane Restaurant whenever our trips brought us to Atlanta. Never ever have we been disappointed and have in the meantime built up a very nice relation with the proprietor Mr Aziz who is the good soul of this eatery always trying to read the minds of his clients.
In the past few years I have also invited friends and customers to the restaurant and they have told me that they have come back with their friends because they enjoed the relaxed atmosphere and most of all the wonderful food - best Cajun in all varieties.

• Visited January 2012
Boulder, Colorado
“One of our best dinners ever in Atlanta”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

From the moment we stepped through the door, to the gracious hostess who seated us even though they were very busy and we had no reservations, to the awesome waiter who recommeded his favorite dish, it was a flawless evening. We had been trying to go to McKinnon's for a long time, but they are only open for dinner, and since we have children, it was not easy to make it happen. We are so glad we finally got the chance to have date night and remembered this restaurant. My husband and I love New Orleans food (both cajun and creole). We even had a 36 hour date to New Orleans last year to eat and drink our way through the city. McKinnon's brought it all back and then some. The Oysters were amazing, and the blackened Amberjack with pepper shrimp rocked. We will definately be back.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank dt2
Dunwoody
“We both had the filet mignon and agreed it was the best in the city”
Reviewed December 8, 2011

Fine food and great abience in the main eating area. Later visited what is called the Grille Room for enjoyable entertainment by the organist and local singers in a festive environment.

• Visited December 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
“Definitely worth the price and visit”
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Although I have lived in Atlanta since 1984, last night was my first visit to McKinnon's Louisiane. My husband and I were looking for a restaurant to take friends as a 'thank you' for their recent help and support.

Here's what we were looking for. We wanted a restaurant that we've never been to; a family owned restaurant if possible (not a franchise), an adult place condusive to conversation (not a loud, happening, 20's crowd scene), great food of course with a diverse enough menu, and a place with easy parking (no street parking, big parking deck, nor "forced" valet service).

McDinnon's met all those stipulations very well. We were not disappointed. It provided a relaxing, cozy, adult ambiance filled with old world charm. Food was simple, delicious, not drowning in sauce. The calamari was simple yet good. No dipping sauce/marinara came with it, however, it was served with a large enough slice of lemon, which provided great flavor and zing. Again, simple and very good.

Our friend had the Trout Almandine, which was perfectly cooked and tasty. She raved about it. The rest of us ordered the Bourbon St. Scallops, which were cooked to perfection. I loved that the pasta wasn't drowning in sauce, though it could have used a tad more. In addition, the portions sizes were appropriate, not too small (as done in the very high end establishments), but not ridiculously large either. Just right.

All in all, we were extremely pleased. Aziz himself (the owner) provided warm, hospital service. I love trying new restaurants and this one was a HIT. We all agreed we would definitely go again.

• Visited October 2011