“Nothing Exceptional”
Review of Taverna Plaka

Taverna Plaka
Reserve with OpenTable
Taverna Plaka is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #732 of 3,958 Restaurants in Atlanta
Transit: MARTA
Huntsville, Texas
“Nothing Exceptional”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I've eaten here twice with my sister, who twice told me the place was usually busier and more "fun." I didn't care: my priority was the food. We ordered the fixed price, multi-course meal: plenty of food but nothing exceptional to note. The beef and lamb kebobs were overcooked and dry, but the gyro meat and chicken kebobs were good. I've eaten great Greek food throughout the U.S. and Greece and this, unfortunately, just didn't compare.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank DavidMcTier

Caguas, Puerto Rico
“Not the wow factor I was expecting”
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at Taverna Plaka on a Friday night when its very loud and lots of groups come in. We don't mind eating with the fuss that big groups generate but I felt like the staff was more concentrated on them rather than keep providing fair service to everybody.

We bought a Groupon and we didn't really complaint after all based on the value of the voucher. We did pay a little more after the Groupon was applied to the total bill however, I'm not sure if I would be willing to pay full price for the food in this restaurant. It was good, not wow and I found prices to be a little high for the quality and taste. The portions were generous tho so go with enough space in your stomach!

I ordered a Greek salad that I enjoyed a lot, especially the dressing that came with it. Sadly, the salad was too big for the dressing so I couldn't taste it as often as I wanted to while eating the salad :(. I also got shrimps in a bed of Greek rice and while the shrimps were tasty, rice had a monotonous taste for me. My boyfriend got the same plate as me but chicken instead. He didn't like it.

They give you hummus, that you mash yourself, with pita bread. I would had love to taste the hummus because it smelled so good while I was preparing it but unfortunately I found a single endless blonde hair in it. Our server removed it immediately and she was very apologetic about the incident. She made up by giving us her favorite dessert free of charge. That was very nice and we really appreciated her efforts to make up for that. And I have to say that she made a great choice because we really enjoyed our dessert. I can't remember the name but it was the highlight of our dinner.

Our experience at Taverna Plaka was a little less than average, I just expected a little more based on reviews. We never saw the belly dancer but probably because we left before the show started. I wouldn't recommend to eat here but if you're around and hungry and want some Mediterranean taste for your palate (tho is not the best) then go for it.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Good Greek Food and a big patio”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

One of the better Greek restaurants in the Atlanta area. Great hummus which you mix yourself at the table. I loved their tzaziki. Large outdoor patio area. Good place for large parties.

• Visited October 2013
Atlanta
“Great Fun at Taverna Plaka”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We love going to Taverna Plaka. We went this past Saturday, 8/10. There were several bachelorette parties going on which made it even more fun. The place was rocking around 9:00 pm with plenty of people streaming in. The food is always plentiful and good. The atmosphere is great, as the DJ keeps the crowd entertained with different types of music. We've found great deals on Groupon for Taverna Plaka. Our waitress was busy but always checked back with us to make sure we didn't need anything. This place is the real deal!! You'll enjoy.

• Visited August 2013
ATLANTA
“Wonderful Greek food on Cheshire Bridge Rd.”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Great Greek food and they service a true Greek salad. The stuffed eggplant is wonderful and the service excellent.

• Visited June 2013