“VERY BAD SERVICE”

The Tavern at Phipps
Reserve with OpenTable
The Tavern at Phipps is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #709 of 4,013 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Buckhead
Description: Famous for their see and be seen Happy Hours and beyond, The Tavern at Phipps is a bustling Buckhead hot spot where the drinks flow like water and the napkins fly high. While it's cocktails, lively atmosphere and best looking wait staff have made it a go-to spot for any night out in Atlanta for over 20 years, the classic American fare such as their trademark Tavern chips, hearty salads and Carnegie Deli pastrami keep you coming back for more. Trust us, it's worth the trip.
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We just had dinner there and were very surprised at the terrible service that we received.
Our entrees were actually dropped at the table by 2 waiters in a hurry . One person
ordered pasta and no one came to offer cheese and pepper ,which is the least that one
asks for. And another of the group never got his dish. It came when he had finished
the fries and the dish was just thrown together . I was under the impression that it was
way too small compared to the same dish that I had eaten at another date.

CA_Centraarchy, Public Relations Manager at The Tavern at Phipps, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

We pride ourselves in providing our guests with the highest level of friendly, responsive service. I want to apologize for the lack thereof you experienced. You should have indeed been offered fresh cracked pepper and received a follow up visit from your server. Thank you for your patronage.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We're staying at the Ritz which is just across the street. We wanted to do some rainy day shopping at Phipps, so we decided to have lunch at the Tavern. We ordered two salads and the spinach chips (kind of like nachos with creamed spinach and queso). The salads were nice and large, the chips were covered in cheese...way too much, and the server was less than attentive. It was an easy lunch but I wouldn't return.

CA_Centraarchy, Guest Relations Manager at The Tavern at Phipps, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Hi ,
We will take your comment and put the advice to good use in training classes. Thank you for telling us. We expect you to have A1 service every time you join us for a meal. We a apologize for the less than attentive service.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I was in town on business and went in one night for dinner. It was pretty packed but managed to get a seat at the bar. There were tons of great looking girls and the waitresses were super hot. Took the bartender a little bit to come over to me being a guy and after I ate and had a some drinks, asked if I could get up from my seat so the girls behind me could sit down even though I was paying more than them. Just seems like their priorities were in the wrong place. But the food was good, drinks seemed reasonable, and stayed busy the whole night. Definitely a good place to make friends but the bartenders treat you better if you are a girl.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

My friend ate at the Tavern At Phipps Plaza while shopping in Atlanta. The service was very good and our filet mignon with blue cheese salads were very tasty.
At night, the restaurant is quite different and probably not suited for families with children due to the bar scene and cocktail waitress attire. Great for lunch, though.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Very trendy place and a nice location, food however is just okay. If you want good food do not go there but if you want to be in a nice area and listen to good music and band this is the place to be!

Been to The Tavern at Phipps? Share your experiences!