“lunch at Phipps”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Buckhead
Description: Famous for their see and be seen Happy Hours and beyond, The Tavern at Phipps is a bustling Buckhead hot spot where the drinks flow like water and the napkins fly high. While it's cocktails, lively atmosphere and best looking wait staff have made it a go-to spot for any night out in Atlanta for over 20 years, the classic American fare such as their trademark Tavern chips, hearty salads and Carnegie Deli pastrami keep you coming back for more. Trust us, it's worth the trip.
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We're staying at the Ritz which is just across the street. We wanted to do some rainy day shopping at Phipps, so we decided to have lunch at the Tavern. We ordered two salads and the spinach chips (kind of like nachos with creamed spinach and queso). The salads were nice and large, the chips were covered in cheese...way too much, and the server was less than attentive. It was an easy lunch but I wouldn't return.

CA_Centraarchy, Guest Relations Manager at The Tavern at Phipps, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Hi ,
We will take your comment and put the advice to good use in training classes. Thank you for telling us. We expect you to have A1 service every time you join us for a meal. We a apologize for the less than attentive service.

There are newer reviews for The Tavern at Phipps

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I was in town on business and went in one night for dinner. It was pretty packed but managed to get a seat at the bar. There were tons of great looking girls and the waitresses were super hot. Took the bartender a little bit to come over to me being a guy and after I ate and had a some drinks, asked if I could get up from my seat so the girls behind me could sit down even though I was paying more than them. Just seems like their priorities were in the wrong place. But the food was good, drinks seemed reasonable, and stayed busy the whole night. Definitely a good place to make friends but the bartenders treat you better if you are a girl.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

My friend ate at the Tavern At Phipps Plaza while shopping in Atlanta. The service was very good and our filet mignon with blue cheese salads were very tasty.
At night, the restaurant is quite different and probably not suited for families with children due to the bar scene and cocktail waitress attire. Great for lunch, though.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Very trendy place and a nice location, food however is just okay. If you want good food do not go there but if you want to be in a nice area and listen to good music and band this is the place to be!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Liked the place. The waiter was great and the Pan Thai was excellent. Large party and everyone was very happy with their dishes. The one thing I did not appreciate was the comment by the hostess threatening me with having our table given away if we did not have everyone in the restaurant immediately. We were there 5 mins before our reservation and I scrambled out to the mall to bring everyone in and we stood around for 5 mins anyway.
I could have done without the stress and the attitude fom the hostess. Who do these people think they are?

Been to The Tavern at Phipps? Share your experiences!