“Some Rough Patches”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Buckhead
Description: Famous for their see and be seen Happy Hours and beyond, The Tavern at Phipps is a bustling Buckhead hot spot where the drinks flow like water and the napkins fly high. While it's cocktails, lively atmosphere and best looking wait staff have made it a go-to spot for any night out in Atlanta for over 20 years, the classic American fare such as their trademark Tavern chips, hearty salads and Carnegie Deli pastrami keep you coming back for more. Trust us, it's worth the trip.
Brighton, Michigan
“Some Rough Patches”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I visited The Tavern at Phipps with family. I was visiting from out-of-town, but had lived in the Atlanta area for 23 years. The Tavern had been a favorite for after-work and business lunches. The food has not "aged" well. While my crab cake sandwich was quite good, my niece's chicken sandwich was pretty terrible. The chicken was burnt and dry. On top of that, when asked for barbecue sauce (something to give it flavor and moistness) the server brought sauce that was very, very hot. No warning was given, and my 13-year-old niece ended up burning her hands because it got on her hand when she was pouring it onto her sandwich. It took way too long to get someone's attention to bring us some ice water so she could cool her burned finger. Also, while moving a chair from one table to another, one of the servers slammed the chair into my chair. No apology or acknowledgement was given. There are too many good places to eat in Atlanta. The Tavern will not be one I visit again.

Visited April 2012

• Hebrew first
Sligo, Ireland
“Not sure if it's fun .. or just a bit sleazy.”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

One of the many places to eat in Buckhead, and the place was absolutely full. Got the steak salad - and it was just OK - steak wasn't particularly flavourful, and the salad was just ... big. One of the main "attractions" in this restaurant are the waitresses and their outfits - heels, extremely short skirts and cleavage ... and plenty of groups of men enjoying the "views". Still not sure if it's all just a bit of fun . . or just a bit sleazy.

• Visited April 2012
Midlothian, Virginia
“Apps and Drinks”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Perfect for sitting on the patio on a lovely evening watching the world go by. Drinks are cold, apps are tremendous (thai chicken nachos were amazing). Wait staff (all female) wear 8 inch heels, shortest skirts I have ever seen in public but they wear it more as a conversation starter than a burden. Went back later in the evening and it was a little wild for a Monday night but not sure that's the standard.

Visited April 2012
Herndon, Virginia
“Great Reuben - Tough Calamari”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

My husband and I had lunch at the Tavern in the Buckhead neighborhood while visiting Atlanta. It is located in a mall where we were shopping. The restaurant is large and nicely decorated. Our server was pleasant and efficient. I ordered the calamari which was flavorful, but unfortunately tough. My husband ordered the open faced reuben which was wonderful. It was also a huge portion.

• Visited March 2012
New York City, New York
“good customer service, and the food was decent too”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I ordered a burger and was happy with my meal. But I think I was most struck by the customer service. I was ordering take out and they definitely went above and beyond to make sure I had everything I wanted, even throwing in a few extras.

• Visited March 2012