“Great Groove”
Review of Anis Cafe & Bistro

Anis Cafe & Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Anis Cafe & Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #112 of 4,021 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pharr Road
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We love Anis Bistro! It's like no where else I've been ... and certainly like no where else in Atlanta. The cuisine is delicious and it is served by a terrific crew. The owner, Arnaud-Michel, is there to make sure you have a great evening. Oh, and be sure to check out the live music on the patio ... it's the perfect accompaniment to such a uniquely terrific location. Thanks Anis!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Mussels were some of the best I've every had. My son had the salmon with blue cheese risotto. Perfect. I did the arugula salad, which was so fresh with lemon and parmesean. My pan searedt rout was cooked to perfection. My husband had the steak, and it was just the right temperature and flavor. All around, we all loved our dinners.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have eaten here many times in the last 10 years; I haven't reviewed Anis in these years, but here I go........the atmosphere is very good, food is restricted to a small menu, but all for the best....how can you do well on too many items? We shared the trout and the swordfish...both were good, but the trout was the best....we had a table in the high traffic area....and they were pleasant and changed our table to a less traffic pattern spot. All was well...Of course,I will go back

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Beautiful April afternoon, great great glass of French Pinot Noir, and the company of a beautiful women. Life is good!

First time at Anis was outstanding. Great lunch menu with an excellent wine list. Had the Mahi Mahi special with spring veggies and a soy reduction and the beautiful woman had the chicken nono with arugula and artichoke. everything was prepared well with just enough food on the plate to make you want a dessert.

Great hard crusted bread.

We can't wait for a return for dinner. This place is probably very romantic at night on the patio!

Highly recommend a visit. The restaurant is sited in a neighborhood in the middle of Buckhead, just minutes away from Lenox Square.

Try to skip the restaurant chains and try the hidden gem.

Service is attentive but not overly so.

French is spoken through out Anis, which greatly adds to the atmosphere.

ENJOY!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We have visited this place since last year from time to time and it's always a good place where you really can enjoy the food.
Also they have a decent wine list and usually the service is good enough to enjoy a great company and a good conversations with my wife and friends.
The place is the only point that I would like to see the owner improve a little more, as the tables and chairs are not so comfortable.
But the food make you forget about this issues, starting with the crunchy bread, trough an excellent steak, or a pretty good fish, ending with a nice creme broule.
We like this place, just for a business lunch or for an anniversary dinner