“Unfortunately, it's closed now - maybe reopen elsewhere?”
Review of Dante's Down the Hatch - CLOSED

Dante's Down the Hatch
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Buckhead
Description: Within a building, we are a Mediterranean-harbor-village, complete with a wharf, an 18,000 gallon moat,within which sits a 3 masted sailing ship about to head out to sea. We are also a rescue house for confiscated crocidillians. We've had a mating and birthing for crocodiles and turtle. And CHILD Magazine dubs us "child friendly for responsible children". Live intellectual jazz performs 6 nights a week, acuoustic guitar on Monday, the Jazz groups night off. Major musicians pop in regularly when in town at NO extra cost. Menu is SWISS Fondue, we are one of the two oldest fondue supper clubs in our nation, the owner--- trained in Switzerland back in the 1960s where he discovered Fondue while on military leave skiing in the Alps. (Then there were no fonude restaurants in the US.)All employees are putting themelve though college and grad school with a handful of HS kids saving money for college. Our employees "give a damn", so come see for yourself.Reservations welcomed; often needed. On the floor nitely is owner Dante Stephensen...ask for him...and yes, he handles all complaints personally, but we hope you have none.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Unfortunately, it's closed now - maybe reopen elsewhere?”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This restaurant was an Atlanta institution for 4 decades, but it sits in the middle of prime real estate in Buckhead and the city and county taxed it as if it were a high rise. Dante said in a news article that he's looking for another location, so maybe like Atlanta it will rise again.

• Visited August 2012

Roswell, Georgia, USA
“PLEASE DON'T GOOOOOO.....”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I love this place. I eat there from time to time when I want something different. I love fondue. There are lot's of choices. The service and atmosphere are top notch. It's so sad that this Atlanta landmark has to close because the city can get more tax revenue from a high rise.

Visited May 2013
“Wonderful night!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Having lived in Atlanta my whole life, I couldn't believe that I had never been to this restaurant. I love fondue and typically go to Melting Pot to satisfy my need, but since Dante's is closing, my husband and I figured we'd go give it a shot. My biggest regret is that we didn't come sooner. We are the cheese fondue, the mandarin fondue, and the chocolate cake for dessert. Everything was wonderful. It was the perfect portion for both of us to share, and we left feeling satisfied, not overly stuffed like you often do with Melting Pot. If I had to think of one negative, it would be that I paid $10 for a glass of Chateau St. Michelle's Reisling. That was a little crazy since you can buy a whole bottle typically for around $20! I wish that I would have tried the Strawberry Daiquiri. I read after my glass of wine that they use Jamaican rum and only real fruit! We have scheduled one last dinner before they close this month! If you have never been, I highly recommend you give it a shot before they're gone!

• Visited July 2013
“An Experience!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful and unique restaurant. First time having fondue, our waiter went through the basics and took all the fear from the raw food on our plates. Even our kids (10, and 13) really enjoyed the food. Plenty of photo ops and had a lot of fun exploring the restaurant (inside and out). Jazz sounded great, but wasn't too loud. Would recommend a visit before they close later this month!

Visited June 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Brilliant layout and vibe”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I was on a business trip in Atlanta and our group attened dinner at this restaurant and we sat on the ship which is excellent! The decor and the way the restaurant looks inside is amazing and very intimate. The fondue was amazing and they even have their menu's in any language you can think of!! Great, great, great!!

• Visited June 2013