“Inedible food!!!”

Ranked #552 of 3,948 Restaurants in Atlanta
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Buckhead
Description: Be prepared to leave your shoes (optional) and your worries at the door when you dine at Imperial Fez! First things first, ask your hostess you want to remove your shoes, and get ready to relax and eat with your fingers (Silverware available at your table) this traditional Moroccan restaurant encourages you to do as the Moroccans do. As you settle into the benches and soft pillows, your server will explain the customs and traditions that they observe at this unique restaurant. To begin, your server will bring a Tass (a silver hand-washing kit) and gently pour warm water scented with lemon to allow you to wash your hands at the table, and will give you a clean towel to keep on your left shoulder. Your server will explained the menu and the order of the meal, take your order and your journey will truly began as Chef Rafih Benjelloun and his wife Chef Rita Benjelloun work on their culinary magic. At Imperial Fez, the "happy drink" is called The Marrakech. It's a fruity beverage of multiple spirits and juices that will undoubtedly leave you feeling just that - happy. Nightly entertainment starts around 7:30pm. The belly dancers bring energy and life to the quiet restaurant and complete your Moroccan experience! For anyone willing to go beyond the norm, an evening at Imperial Fez can be a full night of pleasure for the mind, the body, and the spirit. "I want them to walk away better than they came in," explains chef Benjelloun.
Atlanta, GA
“Inedible food!!!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Horrible food! My husband and I ended up taking our main course packed up but threw it away at our hotel. How do u mess up Cornish hen? Easy! They did. My husband ordered the tenderloin kabobs. He said they were chewy and fatty. He knows good cuts of meat because he's a Steakhouse Manager. The belly dancers were just ok. I expected to be wowed but wasn't. Now let's talk about the blatant discrimination we experienced. Why were all the African American diners put in the back section away from the main show stage and the Caucasian patrons put at the good tables up front??? I bought a Groupon to celebrate our wedding Aniversary but I do hope to get a refund for this dismal experience!! Stay far, far away from this high priced dive...

2 Thank caligirlAtlanta_GA

Marietta, Georgia
“Great experience, hard to put into words”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We had a Groupon and decided to give the restaurant a try. We had a reservation for 7 pm. We got there around 6:45 and was given a table immediately. I was surprised how close you sit to the other patrons and how low to the floor you are.

The belly dancers were amazing. There were some little kids at the table next to us. They were up dancing with the belly dancers. They even got some of the adults to get up and dance with them. It was a lot of fun.

The five course meal is a lot of food. If you have a problem eating with your hands, you may have a little bit of a problem with this place. They do bring you forks if you want to use them. We wanted to get the real experience, so we ate the salad with our hands. Really the only courses you eat with your hands are the salad and the appetizer. I had the lamb dates as an entree and was pleasantly surprised. I had no idea what to order and it was suggested by our waiter. He hit the nail on the head. We also ordered a pitcher of Marrakech, which is one of their specialty drinks. It tasted like Hawaiian punch with a kick; an extremely strong kick. They nickname it "happy juice" because you will be smiling after a few glasses.

Service was slow when we first got there, but I think it was because it was so crowded. The kitchen was overwhelmed. Our waiter, Yusof, was very apologetic about the wait, but it was not his fault. Once a few people left, the food came really fast. Just a heads up, don't go on Valentine's weekend. Also, make sure to make a reservation.

I would definitely go back.

• Visited February 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Unexpected Surprise”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Had purchased a Groupon for this restaurant which was about to expire and not having a sitter brought our 8 year old daughter along for the ride. We and she loved the place and will return especially with a group. From the north African decor with a feel of a fortune tellers room, low banquet seating which was cushy and comfy, to the food and belly dancing the restaurant far exceeded my expectations. The 5-course prixe fixe menu included a red lentil soup that my daughter gave 5 stars, a hand eaten assorted salad with generous portions of pickled red cabbage, hot & sweet carrot chips, chick peas with onions, hummus, marinated red peppers, eggplant and onions, finished with a melange of lettuce, tomato, cucumber & black olives. Yummy. This was followed by a 'Bastele' a puff pastry stuffed w cornish hen, egg, chopped almonds with sugar & cinnamon. Another wow. THEN the main course of braised lamb shank w mushroom,sliced almonds in an oniony broth which again my daughter referred to as "heaven on a bone. Also offered is cornish hen tajine-braised with apricots, raisins, almonds onion and honey, good but not the lamb. Desserts were an assortment of fresh fruit accompanied by a chocolate filled pastry. From the ritual washing of the hands at the table to the final course Imperial Fez delivered an experience I am anxious to share with others in the future.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank eljefega
Atlanta, Georgia
“Enjoyed..”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Took hubby here on a date and wasn't sure what to expect. The food was great and we enjoyed the entertainment.

Visited October 2012
Atlanta
“Good Food But Great entertainment”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We had a great time at Imperial Fez. The place is pricey but you get a 5 course meal, Belly dancing all night and excellent service. I would recommend looking up a groupon to take down the price some.
Valet parking. We parked across the street to save the valet fee n tip. Drinks were good. All n all a great place to have fun.