“Very pleasant dining experience”
Review of Chops Lobster Bar

Chops Lobster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Chops Lobster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 4,021 Restaurants in Atlanta
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: An Atlanta icon known for its exceptional food and service, Chops consistently ranks as one of the top ten steakhouses in the country. Exquisite seafood flown in fresh daily and the very best USDA prime aged beef are served with style in the warm ambiance of the dark wood dining room. Whether you’re dining for business or pleasure, a meal at Chops is sure to make a lasting impression.
Reviewed March 30, 2014

From the efficient valet folks at the door, to the host staff, and the professional servers, they all take good care of the customers. Couple that with great appetizers, salads, steaks, fish, sides, and desserts and it's a recipe for a mighty fine dining experience.

Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Had another excellent meal at chops. We sat in the Lobster Bar downstairs this time, and really liked the atmosphere. We were tucked away in a side alcove and our table felt very private. Although I was disappointed that we weren't seated until 20-30 minutes after the time of our reservation, which I had made 2 weeks prior, the manager offered to comp the first bottle of wine that we had already ordered, which was a nice gesture and saved us $80. We tried a new appetizer in the tuna tartare, and it was excellent and extremely bright. The fish tasted like it had been caught that afternoon. The broiled oysters were truly exceptional and are a must for those who enjoy shellfish. Filets all around the table, and while the servers didn't deliver the right steaks to the right people, we quickly figured it out and reshuffled the plates. You would be remiss if you didn't order the macaroni and cheese as a side, and the whipped sweet potatoes is a nice change of pace that many other steakhouses don't offer. I've never been a huge fan of their hash browns, but I can't imagine going out for steaks and not having some fried potatoes. Try to leave room for dessert...

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Every time I have the crab cakes i am amazed at how good they are. I don't know how they hold them together,I see nothing but crab meat. The sauce that comes with them is just as great!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We totally enjoyed everything. Everything came to the table as expect plus they made a lovely bread pudding! Our waiter was excellent and made our evening so relaxed and enjoyable!

Reviewed March 15, 2014

This is an exceptional place to splurge for your anniversary, great atmosphere and exceptional food. The wait staff is pleasant and makes you feel welcome and appreciated. My wife had crab cakes, while I had the NY strip, both tasted as good as we have ever had. They even gave us a small cake since it was our anniversary. Best to go on the weekend or leave for your reservation very early because the part of Atlanta where this restaurant is located can be hellish in rush hour i.e. dinner time. Also the dress code is business casual. I would recommend this restaurant highly and I hope to eat there again in the future.