“Perfect anniversary meal” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chops Lobster Bar

Chops Lobster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Chops Lobster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 3,907 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: An Atlanta icon known for its exceptional food and service, Chops consistently ranks as one of the top ten steakhouses in the country. Exquisite seafood flown in fresh daily and the very best USDA prime aged beef are served with style in the warm ambiance of the dark wood dining room. Whether you’re dining for business or pleasure, a meal at Chops is sure to make a lasting impression.
Augusta, GA
“Perfect anniversary meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

All I can say is Wow!!! I made an absolute pig out of myself tonight. Starting with the warm bread tray with a wide variety of breads to the table side-prepared yummy warm spinach salad with caramelized shiitakes and bacon to my husband's lobster bisque to the garlic mashed potatoes with white truffle oil and chunks of fresh lobster to my husband's perfectly-prepared Dover sole to my seafood platter with a large lobster tail, two sea scallops and wild salmon filet topped with large chunks of jumbo lump crab meat. The cocktails beforehand were excellent, the wine list was not too pricey, and the warm bread pudding they brought us unsolicited with Happy Anniversary written in chocolate were all amazing. The service was top notch, and the atmosphere was classy. Loved this place, especially for a special occasion. We were staying next door at the St. Regis which made it really nice just to walk back to our room.

London, United Kingdom
“Umami?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I was really impressed with the service and the starters. Lobster tails crabcake and crab claws shared between the table. Great!! Then my steak came. It was very good eat, but as an international traveller ,I just don't really get the coating on the steak. I like a good rub, but by half way through I get assaulted by umami taste and I forget the meat. This is not just here same at prime too. Don't get it, but not from these parts, so it must be the local way I guess. The underlying steak was excellent no question . Because of the excellent starter I wished we had done the lobster bar downstairs.

Panama City, FL
“consistently top notch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great food and outstanding service and ambience. Still one of my top five date night restaurants in ATL . Worth the high cost!

Visited February 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Chops Hits the Mark”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

I previously wrote a review regarding my visit to Chops where the steaks were overcooked. However, I visited the restaurant again this past weekend and everything was prepared properly and delicious. I had the filet and my friend had the bone-in-filet, both steaks were cooked to the requested finish. The manager came over several times to ask about our meal. I still think that the sides for large portion were a bit on the small, but they tasted great. We finished off our meal with red velvet cake and it was delicious. I will definitely return to Chops and now would recommend as a Atlanta steakhouse to visit.

Cheshire, Connecticut
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

I had an excellent meal at Chops. We both had the filet. It was excellent. We had oysters which were very good. The side dishes were very good. The salad was OK.

Service and atmosphere were excellent.

Recommend Chops very highly.