“Good business meal”
Review of Chops Lobster Bar

Chops Lobster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Chops Lobster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 4,030 Restaurants in Atlanta
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: An Atlanta icon known for its exceptional food and service, Chops consistently ranks as one of the top ten steakhouses in the country. Exquisite seafood flown in fresh daily and the very best USDA prime aged beef are served with style in the warm ambiance of the dark wood dining room. Whether you’re dining for business or pleasure, a meal at Chops is sure to make a lasting impression.
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed at the St. Regis hotel this week so with Chops attached, it was a no brainer to try it. The food was quite good. The Seafood Tower that they presented for a shared appetizer was excellent: Lobster tails, raw clams and oysters, shrimp and some crab.

The steaks for dinner were good, but I've had better. Solid but unremarkable.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Haven't been to Chops in ten years, finally decided to give the place another visit. Not as impressed as I was back then with the restaurant. We had drinks at the Lobster Bar downstairs and was surprised to see that they had not replaced a broken and missing light fixture. Made me wonder about their attention to detail. The service was good and friendly, however, so overall we were very happy at this point. Afterwards, we went upstairs to the steakhouse where once again we were impressed by both the level of service and atmosphere. The food was served in a timely manner and was enjoyable. Not the very best filet mignon I've ever had (there was a small portion with grit), but still overall very good and flavorful. I was shocked however when my glass of Macallan 12 year scotch was served to me with a bug in it. I thought at first maybe it was a bit of residue but imagine my surprise as I took my first sip to see an unidentified object with wings attached to it. Once again, I had to question the restaurant's attention to detail. While it is totally understandable that bugs can fly into drinks, this really should have been noticed before the drink was served at a first class establishment. Otherwise, the dine was enjoyable but this quality lapse was somewhat of a disappointment.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

My salad and sides where great! I had the chop salad, green beans and sweet potato, my steak however was not even good. I liked the atmosphere, we ate upstairs and I think that was preferable. Our waiter was friendly and very attentive.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My fiancee and I went to Chops with a friend to use a $25 promotional gift card from last summer. Chops is divided into 2, with the lobster bar downstairs and the steak restaurant upstairs. We ate at the lobster bar and had a great dinner.
Appetizers - These were amazing. East coast vs. West Coast oysters, Steak Tartare, and escargot for starters. The escargot was piping hot and full of flavor. The steak tartare is prepared tableside and was extremely good. A+ for the appetizers.
Dinner - We both had Filet mignon, cooked to perfection. She had bernaise with her steak and I had white truffle butter. The filets were amazing on their own, but the white truffle butter just made mine perfect. I added the 6 oz lobster tail as well. While slightly overcooked, it was quite good. Next time we return, I may just order a larger filet and scratch the lobster addition.
Dessert - Vanilla creme brule and banana pie. Both excellent. I am not one that really cares for desserts and was just pleased dinner turned out to be so good.

We will definitely return.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This place is great for grabbing drinks or getting a delicious meal. The food is excellent and fish dishes are very well prepared.