“Northern Italian in Atlanta”
Review of Antica Posta

Antica Posta
Reserve with OpenTable
Antica Posta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #247 of 3,948 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Buckhead
Cross street: Piedmont
Transit: Marta - Buckhead or Lenox
Description: Antica Posta offers quintessential Tuscan cooking. Open nightly for dinner, the exhibition kitchen features Tuscan specialties, signature meat and fish dishes, homemade pastas and breads, and delicious appetizers. Antica Posta's cozy dining rooms and elegant Bar and Lounge beckon diners to experience a touch of Tuscany nestled in the archetype Buckhead!
Atlanta, Georgia
“Northern Italian in Atlanta”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I moved to Atlanta several years ago and wanted a fine Northern Italian restaurant, after several meals at Antica Posta, this easily became my favorite. Great Tuscan cuisine.

• Visited February 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
“Great food, awful service - never been treated that arrogant!”
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

We came here with the entire family to celebrate our son's eight birthday. My parents were visiting from Germany and my son's wish for his birthday dinner was pizza. We all like high end dining and pizza and that is sometimes hard to combine. However my wife had searched the web and found out that Antica Posta was now offering pizza as well. We had eaten here before and have been pleased with the quality of the food.

We sat down and it turned out - no pizza! Their website apparently is wrong. The waiter asked for my phone where I showed him their website. He left briefly and came back to tell us that indeed there would be no pizza. No word of apology at all. Nobody seemed to care.

No big deal - my son was happy with pasta and we promised him a make-up-pizza for the next day. Just the fact that nobody cared was a little strange.

Anyhow, the food was awesome. The octopus, the osubuco, the pasta...everything very good. But the service...

After the five adults of us had finished two bottles of rather expensive white wine from Italy my father asked for another one. Surprisingly that came at almost room temperature. Our waiter explained that he had 12 bottles, but only two were cold and it was the bartender's fault. So the bottle went into the cooler without further explanation. No alternative was offered.

And clearly the waiter was now aggravated by our complaint. I asked our waiter at the next opportunity if he had a problem with us and kindly asked to pay a little more attention. His response with an arrogant view was simply "sure, if you think so" and turned away.

The wine was still warm when they tried again and that triggered to ask for the check. Our waiter brought the check and handed it to my father without even looking. We put in the credit card, but did not hand it over.

Instead I asked him if he thought this was an acceptable way to treat customers. He then offered to get the manager. She promptly came, but I kindly asked to speak to the owner Marco who I had seen before.

After a short while Marco came. My parents had observed that he had been briefed prior to see me and the first thing he said was: "You need to pay my bill. We served you food!" I had not disputed to pay at any time, but apparently he didn't want to hear my side of the the evening experience. I started to explain, but he interrupted me by saying, that I was already told that they do not serve pizza. I realized that any discussion with him would not lead anywhere. So I handed him the check and the credit card. He left and said: "If we cannot please you there are plenty of other restaurants near by."

Clearly we will never visit his place again. Never ever have we been treated so poorly. One waiter looked at me while we left and said "Sorry!" At least some people there seem to be decent.

Nashville, TN
“Delicious!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Great Tuscan menu, one of the best I've found in North America, great wine list, probably $$$-$$$$ but many menu options at different price points.

Visited April 2013
“Worth it”
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Our Atlanta friends love this restaurant and now so do we. The four of us have visited Italy together and Antica Posta is very authentic Tuscan fare.

Prices are a bit higher than we are used to but worth every dollar. There waa nothing we would. not recommend but veal is especially well prepared. A grilled veal chop and the osso bucco were standouts.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Great atmosphere; dinner with Marco”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We went (my wife and myself) for a special event: "Dinner with Marco" which was held on a special area of the restaurant, closed to the public and hosted by Marco Betti, the owner.
It was a food and wine pairing and, besides having visited Antica Posta several times, it's been our best experience ever.
The quality of food and wines offered was awesome and the price very reasonable; we ended up chatting until late with the whole group of attendees, restricted to 10 people and Marco himself.
We strongly recommend anyone willing to taste a glimpse of Italian hospitality and food quality to join one of these special events, you won't regret it!

• Visited April 2013

Been to Antica Posta? Share your experiences!