“Funky vibe, diverse crowd, great service”
Review of Eclipse di Luna

Eclipse di Luna
Reserve with OpenTable
Eclipse di Luna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #111 of 3,954 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Brazilian, Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Funky vibe, diverse crowd, great service”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Party of 8 went to dinner last weekend at Eclipse (the one on Miami Circle) and had a terrific time. The place was packed at 7:30, which typically is a positive sign for good eats and a fun experience.

We started with a pitcher of Sangria, which hit the spot on a hot and sultry night in this always-humid southern city. The mix was just right--pleasantly fruity but not too sweet. We also ordered a bottle of Ecco Domani pinot grigio to complement our scallop, calamari, shrimp, and chicken appetizers, which turned out to be an excellent choice.

Eclipse is a tapas bar (bring your glasses--it's NOT topless bar--as some of the older folks in our party mistakenly thought we were about to experience!), so the portions are appropriately and perfectly sized.

The only appetizer I did not enjoy was the chicken--I've had it twice now and it tastes rubbery and undercooked. Otherwise, everything was superb--especially the scallops and calamari--and I don't even like calamari. It didn't taste "fishy" at all and was perfectly battered and fried.

The tres leches cake is a must-have for dessert. Skip the too-dense, ubiquitous chocolate pecan pie and indulge instead on this ethereal delight.

So happy to have found a festive, fun, and funky place with great food and a diverse crowd in the heart of Atlanta.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Anne P

• Slovak first
“Excellent!!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Food is awesome especially the hummus. Wait staff is very helpful and informative, service and atmosphere are superior and they have the BEST mojitos around!!!

• Visited July 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Date Spot”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I've been married 11 years and this place brought me back to the days of my youth. The scene was lively an bustling and the belly dancer was fantastic. Reminded me that I need to get back in the gym! The food was amazingly imple, yet delicious and the music added the final touch. It's a very cool and attracts various age groups and ethnicities. Great ambiance!

• Visited June 2013
Atlanta
“Not impressed”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I do not consider myself a foodie so maybe that's the problem but I just don't get the hype about this place. The service is good but I didn't think the atmosphere was anything special. The dishes I've had were tasty but sorely overpriced. If you are planning to get full, you'll pay at least $20 without drinks and at that price point you have way better options around town.
It is sort of difficult to find but that's why we have GPS, right?

• Visited May 2013
San Francisco, California
“Tapas Galore”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This place is great! My sisters and I were looking for somewhere to go where we could all enjoy the menu (I'm vegan, my sisters aren't) and Eclipse was perfect.

Note for vegan/gluten-free peeps - The first menu they give you has meat dishes on one side and vegetarian on the other. However, if you tell them that you're vegan or gluten-free, they have separate menus they can give you as well!

The atmosphere is energetic and a little loud (we were there on a Friday night so maybe it's more of a crowded weekend thing). The food is where it's at, though. The vegetarian paella was AWESOME. We also had the olives and marcona almonds, roasted potatoes, white bean hummus, Cremini mushrooms, and a pitcher of mojitos. Only feedback on the hummus was that we thought it could've used a little more garlic or salt - it seemed to be a little on the bland side.

Otherwise, we loved it and would definitely go back.

• Visited April 2013

Been to Eclipse di Luna? Share your experiences!