“Fabulous fun la-familia dinner experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Grotta Ristorante Italiano

La Grotta Ristorante Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
La Grotta Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #96 of 3,906 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: West Wesley
Transit: Lakeview Drive and Peachtree Road
Description: La Grotta has been an Atlanta tradition since 1978 and offers fine dining in an intimate atmosphere overlooking a beautiful garden in the heart of Buckhead.As one of the top restaurants in Buckhead, La Grotta has been voted the Best Italian Restaurant by Atlanta Magazine for 16 years in a row, the AAA Four Diamond Award recipient for 15 years and long time winner of the Di Rona Award.Enjoy traditional Northern Italian appetizers like the Vitello Tonnato to fresh homemade pastas like Goat Cheese Stuffed Ravioli. Other Menus items feature Grilled Veal Chop, Roasted Venison Chops and Filet Mignon with Melted Gorgonzola.Guests will also find an extensive wine list with Italian and New World wines (over 400 different labels).
Houston, Texas
“Fabulous fun la-familia dinner experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

They accommodated us at the last minute, for a table of 10- busy graduation weekend.
What fabulous service and more importantly, fantastic food(!!!)- the place was packed, and yet the service was warm, attentive, friendly, and fabulous! Gave us the best recommendation for entrees and wine, and provided us with the most memorable weekend for a family of 10, ranging in ages of 7 to 85! The atmosphere was intimate and familiar- the owner (the original owner and his grandson "the owner" will be there to welcome you into "la familia" restaurant). They provided us with a fabulous seating outside, with string lights and candle sticks, and in the mist of outdoors with the flowers, water fountain and cool breeze, it was a perfect venue to celebrate!, transported back to Tuscany. I would recommend this warm, fabulous restaurant for a fantastic festive dinner for 2 or 20- they will provide what you need to make your dining experience memorable. I am looking forward to my next visit to Buckhead (Atlanta) and the first reservation will be at this lovely lovely restaurant!

• Visited May 2013

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Old fashioned atmosphere with amazing food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Some friends and I went to La Grotta for dinner last night to celebrate a couple of birthdays. What a delicious present indeed. La Grotta is located in the basement of a condo complex, but don't let the location fool you. Upon entering the restaurant, you're taken back in time with an atmosphere that is reminiscent of an old time Italian restaurant. We started with several drink orders to accompany our escargot and beef carpacchio with artichokes. The escargot were absolutely amazing - some of the best I've tasted in ATL. Starting out with such great appetizers, I was hoping dinner wouldn't let me down. It did not disappoint. We had Dover Sole, Veal Chop, and some pasta dish to die for. As amazing as the Dover Sole and Veal Chop were, the side of Risotto was the best Risotto I have had in Atlanta. Finally, we ended the great meal with Creme Brule and Cheesecake - both good, however, I'm not the biggest sweets fan.
Would definitely return - Hopefully some younger customers start checking this place out, as the customer base they have now seems aged.

• Visited May 2013
Atlanta
“La Grotta- Buckhead”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Favorite restaurant in Atlanta. Like NY upscale Italian only old Atlanta. Dress up and prepare for bliss.

Visited January 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Not overly impressive...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Guess I have eaten at so many top notch places that I am not easily impressed. Food was very good NOT superb, service was also very good and the prices were a tad high. My party loved this restaurat but I though it was a good evening but I have had better Italian. I think the tables are a tad close together and it can get noisy. Enough said.

• Visited November 2012
Savannah, Georgia
“The Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

I am always looking for a good Italian resturant. Last night while visiting Atlanta I found the best. This Atlanta gem served one of the best veal dishes I have had. The service was excellent. They even made a pasta dish that we requested that was not on the menu. I highly recommend.

Visited April 2013