“Consistency for over 30 years.”

La Grotta Ristorante Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
La Grotta Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #89 of 3,924 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: West Wesley
Transit: Lakeview Drive and Peachtree Road
Description: La Grotta has been an Atlanta tradition since 1978 and offers fine dining in an intimate atmosphere overlooking a beautiful garden in the heart of Buckhead.As one of the top restaurants in Buckhead, La Grotta has been voted the Best Italian Restaurant by Atlanta Magazine for 16 years in a row, the AAA Four Diamond Award recipient for 15 years and long time winner of the Di Rona Award.Enjoy traditional Northern Italian appetizers like the Vitello Tonnato to fresh homemade pastas like Goat Cheese Stuffed Ravioli. Other Menus items feature Grilled Veal Chop, Roasted Venison Chops and Filet Mignon with Melted Gorgonzola.Guests will also find an extensive wine list with Italian and New World wines (over 400 different labels).
atlanta
“Consistency for over 30 years.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I started eating at La Grotta when I was a young professional in Atlanta trying to act worldly. Dining at La Grotta meant many things. The room was always abuzz, The food, wonderful and romantic. Truly a special occassion place (bring the parents, celebrate the birthday, etc.). Now in my 50's (sigh) it has not lost a step in food preparation and it is such a comfortable, delicious place to dine. Anything you ask, the answer is "of course, gladly." How refreshing. I dined Saturday night with my best buddies, and we all agreed that every course was perfect. We all had the eternal fight- pasta or entree if I also want a salad. Well, we chose a pasta sampler plate (not on the menu, but happily created) so everyone could fill that pasta need without being too full for the exquisite veal. Have yearning for Saltimboca, no problem. So happy to make that for you. You can go for a special dinner, or go for the perfect glass of Montelpuciano and plate of butternut squash ravioli. Do it your way, and they will make you happy!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank cagsAtlanta

“Old Atlanta Staple”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

My fiance' had the quail and polenta which is one of their signature dishes, I had the veal scallopini.

The quail was good, it was cooked properly and seasoned to perfection.

The veal was a very tiny cut and a bit overcooked.... It lead me to question how fresh it was but I'm sure it had been frozen before, which is something you really don't want if your going to pay 30$ a plate for it.

Just because I was in an Italian restaurant I had to see what their basic pasta and marinara was like. I ordered a side of linguine and marinara and the pasta was overcooked and the marinara was way to tangy!

For desert we ordered the ricotta cheesecake and that was awesome!!!!

All in all, it was an OK experience but just like so many other places in Atlanta, establishments down here spend so much time dressing up a place to put on this ambiance and totally forget about the quality of the food.....( even when they are charging like a 5 star establishment! )

Does anybody from Atlanta get out to other cities to see what the rest of the world is doing????

• Visited October 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Atlanta Standard still delivers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

When we came to Atlanta in the early 80s, La Grotta was one of the only restaurants that could mimic real Italian. Since then, Atlanta has emerged as a town with some very good restaurants and we had eaten our Italian food while on the road. We had not eaten at La Grotta in more than 15 years. We tried it last night and were really pleased. The pureed Tuscan white bean soup was excellent. The risotto of the day was a salmon and grouper risotto and was a very good consistency and quite tasty. I am not a fan of risotto that chunches and this was properly done for my taste. The veal picatta, named for the chef -- but I don't recall the name (perhaps Antonio) was as good as I have had in NY. Maybe not as good as some I have had in Rome, but much more convenient to my house. The wine list is the most complete Itallian list in Atlanta-- a town not known for its good wine lists; this is a good one with affordable choices. The waiter and staff were very good. They were present when needed, upbeat, but not irritatingly so, helpful with questions and overall a pleasure.

• Visited October 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best Italian Restaurant in town ...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Food is delicious and service impeccable. You will not be disappointed. Have been going there since their opening in 1978 and the quality has always been outstanding.

Visited October 2012
Atlanta
“Birthday disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Took my mother-in-law to La Grotta Buckhead for her birthday. Found the food dated and poorly prepared. Many dishes were lukewarm with beautiful but undercooked vegies. Mom enjoyed herself, as she's not terribly discerning, and the waitstaff did fawn over her. We used to love La Grotta, and expected it to be "old school", but not embalmed.

Visited April 2012