“Wonderful Dinner”

Neighborhood: Buckhead
Cross street: Maple Drive
Transit: MARTA Buckhead/ Lindbergh
Reviewed August 12, 2014

This was our first visit to Aria and definitely will go back. We decided to try it after a friend told us how much they had enjoyed it. My husband and I had the tasting menu including wine pairings. The meal was excellent, the wines were all perfectly paired. Service was also great.

There are newer reviews for Aria

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

We visited on weeknight of July 4th holiday and the place was deserted. Wasn't sure of the theme with beaded curtain and with middle eastern music playing in the background. Formal dining room with Georgian moldings with an odd octopus chandelier in center. Just strange to me. Service and staff were very nice and well trained . Food was outstanding- snapper, rib eye, and scallop dishes were wonderful. Wine list was good but way overpriced judging from some of the bottles I was familiar with. Food was wonderful as mentioned but again a little over priced. Overall a delightful evening but just seemed to miss a little for what I understand is a four star restaurant. Definitely will visit again

1  Thank emorga
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Four of us shared the tasting menu which turned out to be one of the best meals I have ever had. The chefs were very accommodating to meet all of our dietary restrictions: one GF, one vegan, and one vegetarian. From the soup to dessert every course was amazing. The server, Mike, was superb and made excellent recommendations from their extensive wine list. Truly a five star meal!

1  Thank laberger
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Let me start by saying the food was very good. I had the Braised Octopus for a starter, a Green Salad for the middle course, Hanger steak for the main, and Chocolate Espresso Cake for dessert. Again, everything was very tasty.
The restaurant itself needs an update, as it is 1990's chic, with a mostly all white interior. The bar area in the front house reminds me of someones re-done basement. The The single toilet restrooms were also rather un-kept.
My biggest problem with this restaurant was arriving at 8:58p for a 9:00p reservation (the earliest I could get on a Friday night), to wait in the bar area until 9:30p until our table was ready. (This part did not annoy me, as long as there is a bar to sip a glass of wine at, a wait is not a big deal to me) We started our meal with a starter, before ordering our salads/mains. While ordering another glass of wine at 9:48 (18 minutes after being sat, when the starter came) the waiter said "you do know the kitchen closes tonight, right???", annoyed I needed another few minutes to decide on the rest. Let's see, if you sat me at the time of my reservation, and not 30 minutes later, I could have ordered a little sooner.
With all this being said, I would be okay with Aria with their average decor, and below average service had prices been much lower. If I am paying the prices of the food on their menu I do demand a little more then I received. You can get a much better evening at many other restaurants in Atlanta for the prices that are charged at Aria, with my recommendations being Bones, Rathbuns or King and Duke.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

After a long day and plane trip, we had a delightful dinner to begin our trip to Atlanta. The food was excellent especially the lobster starter. They were very accommodating to my Gluten Free needs. The service was excellent also. The manager stopped by to make sure everything was OK and even brought us an after dinner treat. The only problem was our table for two was a bit cramped and very close to a larger round table. By far, Aria was our favorite restaurant in Atlanta.

1  Thank GFFoodWineLover