“best birthday ever”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 4,095 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Buckhead
Cross street: East Paces Ferry Rd NE
Description: We are an authentic Churrascaria (Brazilian Steakhouse) from Rio Grande do Sul in southern Brazil which features superior service, unrivaled cuisine and a unique dining experience.You will be pampered by our authentic Gaucho chefs who come to your tableside to carve a variety of succulent meats right off their skewers. Our featured meats have been slow-roasted over an open flame and lightly seasoned to preserve the unique taste of each tender cut.Adding to our unique dining experience, you will be treated to a sumptuous, gourmet salad and vegetable bar featuring over 30 items including imported cheeses, cured meats, fresh vegetables and more. We complement your meal with traditional Brazilian side dishes such as caramelized bananas, crispy polenta, seasoned mashed potatoes and our world-famous cheese bread (pao de queijo).No meal is complete without trying a refreshing caipirinha, something from our award-winning wine list or one of our decadent desserts
Reviewed January 6, 2015

My husband found this place last year on a business trip. We decided to make a day trip to Atlanta for my birthday. We ate dinner here and I was really happy with his choice. This was my first time eating at a Churrascaria, and I really like the concept. I am a slow eater, so I enjoyed sitting and sipping a mojito for a couple of hours while sampling the filet with bacon, lamb, chicken, and all the other cuts we sampled. The salad bar is really good too! If you're ever in Atlanta this is a great place to eat.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,364)

Reviewed January 6, 2015 via mobile

I visited Fogo de Chao on Jan. 4, 2015. In my opinion there was nothing that made Fogo de Chao standout from similar restaurants. I think it is overrated and not a restaurant that I would care to visit again. The only other issue I had was that when I asked for well done meats, they would come with meats that were burned to a crisp. I had never had well done meats served like this before. I have been to more expensive restaurants like Ocean Prime and the meat would be perfect at well done. Fogo de Chao is very overrated if you are thinking about it just for the experience I would say try Fire Brazil in Atlanta. It is less expensive and you get the same atmosphere and service. Trust me you are not missing anything by going to Fogo de Chao.

Reviewed January 6, 2015 via mobile

If you want to have an awesome date, this is a best place!
But be careful you have to go there when you are starving, otherwise you'll miss a lot of perfect combination of bbq meats (kebabs)

Reviewed December 31, 2014

This place is certainly busy. But it is geared towards vast amounts of quantity and not really quality.
Most of the cuts served are real cheap cuts and the better cuts are few and far between. All the meat tastes like a poor grade of beef covered up with "char and seasoning".
Do yourself a favor and go to one of the many great steakhouses in Atlanta in a classy setting, and get a true quality steak rather then "gorge" yourself with an abundance of cheap quality beef in a fast paced rushed environment.

Reviewed December 29, 2014

The salad bar was fantastic, but the jewel was certainly the parade of meats you can choose from.
You should take your time to relish the service, the detail to every part of the meal. The filet was absolutely wonderful. Take time with each serving by flipping the round card over to red. When you have finished, flip card back over to green. Say no to any meat you don't want to try. This is an expensive meal so take it all in. If you want to impress someone, I promise you will. We plan to do this once a year. Complimentary valet parking or you can find a spot on your own. Pick the valet
to help make the meal special.

Been to Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse? Share your experiences!