“best birthday ever”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Buckhead
Cross street: East Paces Ferry Rd NE
Description: Fogo de Chao is a leading Brazilian steakhouse, or churrascaria, which has specialized in fire-roasting high-quality meats since 1979 utilizing the centuries-old Southern Brazilian cooking technique of churrasco. Our dining room is now open. Your health and safety is our priority. Learn more about our 12 Safety Promises to our Guests on our website. In addition, we offer Pick-Up, Delivery, and Catering of both fire-roasted and ready-to-grill cuts fresh from our Butcher Shop. Please visit fogodechao.com/location/atlanta/ and call your nearest Fogo location to place an order. For To-Go Delivery and Pickup Hours visit Fogo.com
Reviewed January 6, 2015

My husband found this place last year on a business trip. We decided to make a day trip to Atlanta for my birthday. We ate dinner here and I was really happy with his choice. This was my first time eating at a Churrascaria, and I really like the concept. I am a slow eater, so I enjoyed sitting and sipping a mojito for a couple of hours while sampling the filet with bacon, lamb, chicken, and all the other cuts we sampled. The salad bar is really good too! If you're ever in Atlanta this is a great place to eat.

Date of visit: December 2014
Write a reviewReviews (1,504)

Reviewed January 6, 2015 via mobile

I visited Fogo de Chao on Jan. 4, 2015. In my opinion there was nothing that made Fogo de Chao standout from similar restaurants. I think it is overrated and not a restaurant that I would care to visit again. The only other issue I had was that when I asked for well done meats, they would come with meats that were burned to a crisp. I had never had well done meats served like this before. I have been to more expensive restaurants like Ocean Prime and the meat would be perfect at well done. Fogo de Chao is very overrated if you are thinking about it just for the experience I would say try Fire Brazil in Atlanta. It is less expensive and you get the same atmosphere and service. Trust me you are not missing anything by going to Fogo de Chao.

Date of visit: January 2015
Reviewed January 6, 2015 via mobile

If you want to have an awesome date, this is a best place!
But be careful you have to go there when you are starving, otherwise you'll miss a lot of perfect combination of bbq meats (kebabs)

Reviewed December 31, 2014

This place is certainly busy. But it is geared towards vast amounts of quantity and not really quality.
Most of the cuts served are real cheap cuts and the better cuts are few and far between. All the meat tastes like a poor grade of beef covered up with "char and seasoning".
Do yourself a favor and go to one of the many great steakhouses in Atlanta in a classy setting, and get a true quality steak rather then "gorge" yourself with an abundance of cheap quality beef in a fast paced rushed environment.

Date of visit: November 2014
Reviewed December 29, 2014

The salad bar was fantastic, but the jewel was certainly the parade of meats you can choose from.
You should take your time to relish the service, the detail to every part of the meal. The filet was absolutely wonderful. Take time with each serving by flipping the round card over to red. When you have finished, flip card back over to green. Say no to any meat you don't want to try. This is an expensive meal so take it all in. If you want to impress someone, I promise you will. We plan to do this once a year. Complimentary valet parking or you can find a spot on your own. Pick the valet
to help make the meal special.

Date of visit: December 2014