“Excellent méats but over priced”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 3,948 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Buckhead
Cross street: East Paces Ferry Rd NE
Description: We are an authentic Churrascaria (Brazilian Steakhouse) from Rio Grande do Sul in southern Brazil which features superior service, unrivaled cuisine and a unique dining experience.You will be pampered by our authentic Gaucho chefs who come to your tableside to carve a variety of succulent meats right off their skewers. Our featured meats have been slow-roasted over an open flame and lightly seasoned to preserve the unique taste of each tender cut.Adding to our unique dining experience, you will be treated to a sumptuous, gourmet salad and vegetable bar featuring over 30 items including imported cheeses, cured meats, fresh vegetables and more. We complement your meal with traditional Brazilian side dishes such as caramelized bananas, crispy polenta, seasoned mashed potatoes and our world-famous cheese bread (pao de queijo).No meal is complete without trying a refreshing caipirinha, something from our award-winning wine list or one of our decadent desserts
Senlis, France
“Excellent méats but over priced”
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

If you like grilled meat , then this one is for you , one advice , do not jump on the buffet , just take the minimum and reserve yourself for the meat and its side dishes . The buffet itself has little Brazilian . Service is efficient , sometimes too fast , they remove my salad dish before I finished , it was still half full , I simply put it on the side , and intended to eat my meat with the salads . In all I think it is over priced unless you eat for 3 days , which was never my intention .

Visited February 2014

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
“Abolutely the best”
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

This was the most enjoyable dinner out we can recall in recent memory. For those who have not been there, you are seated with two flat round coaster like items, red on one side and green on the other. When you are ready, you display the green and here come the servers, each with a different kind of meat on a long skewer, from which they offer you a slice of delicious suculent meat - port, beef(serloin, tenderloin, ribeye etc.), lamb, chicken, sausage cooked to your taste. My suggestion is that you display the red side of the coaster after each meat, so as to give yourself an opportunity to enjoy each sample while it is still warm and moist. Once you upturn the green, it will only be a moment before more meat is offered. If you don't want the tye offered, tell the server what you want and another will be back within moments with your requested cut. And the meat is even better than the service. . . if that is possible!
Be sure and make a reservation. This place is not a secret.

Sandy Springs, Georgia
“Great Brazilian Food in Atlanta”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I had the great fortune to visit this Brazilian restaurant in the Buckhead area of Atlanta, Georgia. The restaurant has the traditional Brazilian atmosphere with many waiters coming to your table offering you different cuts of meat. Before the main meal, you can enjoy the salad bar. One tip: don't load up on the salad and fruits, you will most likely not eat too much of the great meat that is available. When the meat arrives to your table, I highly recommend the "picanha", a meat that is like a rump piece of meat. It is lean and very delicious. There are many other types of meat such as pork and chicken brought as well but the picanha is in a class by itself. I would recommend not eating for some time before the restaurant to really enjoy the meal. When I visited, the price of the meal was around 51 dollars a person (food only) and a half-price for children up to 12 years of ago. The restaurant is a good representation of the traditional Brazilian steak house (churrascaria). Enjoy!

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
“A piece of Southern Brasil in Southern Atlanta, GA”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Bring your appetite, folks. The is "gaucho" cuisine ("gaucho" stands for cowboy). Fogo do// Chao means fire from below - the method they use to cook their meats, chicken, etc. You are given a round card with red on one side and green on the other. Because the meats/chicken, etc. keep coming from their kitchen, there are periods you just have to take a break at which point you turn the card over to the red sign and the professional gauchos will not stop by your table. Behind the tables, is a buffett of traditional Brasilian fare - black beans, rice, palm hearts, salads, veggies, desserts etc. DO NOT FORGET to order a caipiriha (Brasilian booze made from sugar cane, squeezed lime and sugar). I saw where Mojitos were voted the most popular of all drinks in 2013 with Marguaritas, second. Though I do love Patron Tequilla, nothing compares to Brasilian Cachaca. I dare you to have more than 2. It did not even make the top 10 drinks 2013. Don't miss the pudim de leite (our flan) and any dessert they offer. I am always too full. Pricey - about $50 per person + dessert, drinks and caipirinha. Now, if you just want to try a caipiriha, head over to Estrela da Luna on Miami Circle off of Piedmont Road. They are a Spanish tapas restaurant who make caipirinhas for $8 per glass. If you go on Mondays, it is $18 for all the tapas you can eat. My favorites are the hummus, potatoes, ahi tuna, paella and empanadas. Most tapas are $5 each for vegetarian and $8 for meat,/chicken/seafood. Enjoy! Susan C

Hickory, North Carolina
“For meat lovers! Make a reservation if you can. COME HUNGRY!”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

My husband had been to a Brazilian restaurant in Atlanta several years ago and thought I would enjoy the experience. What an experience it was! We arrived at 6:15pm and were told that it would be an hour and 45 minute wait. At exactly 8pm we were seated. (That's why I would recommend reservations) They have a great salad bar, one of the best I've experienced. The basil dressing was fabulous, the chicken salad was also outstanding.I was slightly disappointed in the haddock. Nearly all of the meat they brought to the table was superb and among the best I've ever had. The filet mignon, lamb chops, and their specialty, (the name of which currently escapes me) were stand outs, while the parmesan pork was a tiny bit dry. All in all, this was a gastronomic delight and although I couldn't do it very often, would highly recommend that you go out of your way to experience it..