“Fantastic Brazilian grill!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
3101 Piedmont Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30305-2507 (Buckhead)
404-266-9988
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 3,796 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Brazilian, South American, Gluten Free
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Buckhead
Cross street: East Paces Ferry Rd NE
“Fantastic Brazilian grill!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Nothing but high compliments to Fogo De Chao. The caipirinha was both sweet and strong from the bar, the pao de cajo was nice and warm, and the meat was just fantastic!!! Their rub for the Picanha is awesome! Good amount of salt makes such a nice crunch! And they also had some excellent lamb chops while we were there!! Excellent meal all around..

• Visited May 2013

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
“The most selected variety of meat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Last time I tried to take a piece of each round and have to stop on the number 41. They have unlimitless rounds of meats (chicken, beef, pork). Brazilian Rodizzio.

Visited October 2012
Atlanta,GA
“Meat Eater's Delight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We have dined at Fofo many times and have never had a bad experience. The salad bar is amazing and the selection of meats brought to your table are great. We have our favorites but we always try pretty much every one.

Extensive wine list and waiters are very versed on it. Desserts are amazing as well. Plan to come and enjoy some time there. They will not rush you out!

• Visited May 2013
Franklin, Tennessee
“Really good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I brought our 15 year old son here while we were visiting Atlanta for a couple of days. Hubby and I had been to other Fogos before, but this was our first time to the one here in Atlanta.

I absolutely loved the Fogo in Chicago when I went a few years ago, so I was very excited about going to dinner to this one here in Atlanta, and even more so to bring my son as well. We don't typically go to expensive restaurants on a regular basis, so something like this is a big deal to us.

We had reservations on a Sunday night and we were seated right away. The restaurant was full and the staff was all over the place. What I couldn't get over was how LOUD the place was. I don't feel like the tables were any closer together than other restaurants, but it seemed like we had to raise our voices to talk to the server and amongst ourselves. There were actually young children running around tables, and running to and from the salad bar. To me, that takes away from the "fanciness" of a restaurant. It seemed more like an O'Charleys all of a sudden.

The food was top notch - beginning with the salad bar which could be a meal (a good one) all by itself. Pasta salad, chicken salad, seafood salad, breads, cheeses, veggies, soups... and it was all good. It's tough to not overdo it with the salad bar and save room for the real meal. It was great to have all of the choices of meat and every one was cooked perfectly and melt-in-your mouth delicious.

But as one other reviewer mentioned, this is not a laid back, relaxing dinner. The atmosphere was busy, loud, and although I tried to stretch the time out, we were done in less than an hour, and we even had dessert. I don't remember it being like that at the one in Chicago. This seemed more like a fast paced business lunch, rather than a Sunday night dinner.

So, the food is really good, and of course I would go again. Next time though I will be more prepared for the busy atmosphere.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best brazillian steakhouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

If you like the meat orgy that is a brazillian steakhouse experience, then you're going to love this. Fogo de Chao is a chain that is based out of Brazil, and it provides the authentic churrascaria experience.

What you'll find here is a good bar to have a caipirinha while you wait on your table. Next up is the salad bar, which is top notch with high quality ingredients to warm you up for the main event. The main event is the meat, lots and lots of different cuts of beef served by the gouchos who cook it. In addition to high quality beef selections, you can also expect lamb, chicken, and a few variations on pork including a wonderful parmesan pork loin.

All of the food is top notch, though I can't speak for the dessert since I've never managed to have room. The service is also what you would expect at any high end steakhouse. You'll never have an empty water glass or want for anything.

Do expect a crowd no matter the day of the week. Plan on needing reservations for dinner. Self park is available in the rear or you can valet. Bring a hearty appetite, and leave your vegetarian friends at home if you ever want them to look at you the same again. This is a truly carnivorous experience not to be missed by meat lovers.

• Visited June 2013