“Yummo!”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Morningside - Lenox Park
Cross street: Briarcliff Road
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Ate here for the first time on NYE and I was super impressed. In addition to the amazing food and drinks, the atmosphere and service were excellent as well. We had the burrata and pommes frites to share among the table (2 couples). I'm a vegetarian, so I opted for the ricotta gnocchi - it was delicious! My husband had the porterhouse pork chop and said it was the best pork chop he'd ever had. Although it was NYE and they had balloons, noisemakers, etc., they maintained a sophisticated atmosphere. I would absolutely recommend it and will be going back.

There are newer reviews for Floataway Cafe

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Cool aqua interior sets the tone for a lovely, delicious meal. Seasonal offerings, prepared to perfection. Highly recommend the calamari - best I've ever had. This is my husband's and my favorite restaurant for all kinds of special occasions.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have eaten at Floataway and just realized that I have not done a review, and it is one of my favorite places to eat.

The location of Floataway is interesting, as you wind your way past quasi industrial buildings you wonder where you are going, it is worth the trip though. The ambiance is comfortable industrial, it has a nice small setting, a comfortable bar area, and in summer a couple of outdoor tables to enjoy the summer in Atlanta.

Where it shines is their food. Always fresh, well prepared, different yet standard. You need to try whatever hits your fancy. Some good ones, the pizzas are great, add the meat balls to them and they get real good, recommend them as an appetizer. The main courses are equally great, totally recommend the hanger steak and fries. The vegetables to accompany the meals are seasonal and cooked just right. The desert options, call your name and are worth the indulgence.

It's a place for a formal group dinner or a very casual lighter fare. Worth a try and perhaps can become one of your favorites as well.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Darling Husband and I enjoyed dinner a couple of months ago at Floataway Cafe... we'd never been there before, and we loved it!

He had the grilled octopus starter (and practically did somersaults, he was so excited) and then duck for his entree. I didn't try the octopus, but I did try the duck and it was delicious. Rare, but with crispy edges.
I had a nice salad with apples, pecans and gorgonzola for my starter, and a pasta dish with veal meatballs for my entree. Very tasty.

For dessert, we split the warm toffee pudding... WOW... adjectives fail me!
An excellent meal - we'll definitely be back!

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Prior to arrival we had great expectations for a great meal as the owners have a great reputation. The server Wes was either brand new or was having a few "magical moments". He got drink orders messed up, brought white wine glasses instead of red wine glasses for red wine. We could hardly hear Wes as he almost spoke in a whisper.The white wine by the glass for 2 of our guests was bad and the list by the glass was disappointing. The starters both hot and cold were very good. The main courses were disappointing.2 of us had steak & frites and the steak had no flavor.Smokey crust with bland meat. Hot toffee pudding for desert was very good. Would we return, probably not! Hopefully ownership will read this review