“If you like this food you must not be from the south.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
This Is It BBQ & Seafood
Ranked #1,765 of 3,955 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Seafood
“If you like this food you must not be from the south.”
Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

Where do I begin? For starters real southern food does not come from a can. I have not and will not eat canned collard greens. They know less than nothing about real bbq ribs. Ugh. I was just very disappointed. I moved to Atlanta from south ga and let me tell you. This crap wouldn't survive one day there. It was truly overrated.

Indianapolis
“Good meal”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I ate my best meal of the weekend at This is It in East Point on Camp Creek Prkwy. It's cafeteria style. They were pretty busy on Memorial Day, so the line was pretty long, but the rib tips, sweet potatoes and green beans had me walking around feeling full all day. I'm mad that I didn't get a chance to try the Key Lime Cake.

Visited May 2012
Royal Oak, Michigan
“Loved the food”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

This chain (and I only ate at one location) is a BBQ and seafood cafeteria type line with really tasty food. I had the beef ribs, the broccoli casserole, and coleslaw. My colleagues had the pork ribs, chicken and pulled pork and loved all of it. The strawberry shortcake type dessert was universally praised. We all said that we would definitely eat there again. It was worth hunting the place down.

Visited January 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Soooo Yummy!”
Reviewed January 25, 2012

I enjoyed everything on the menu that I ordered! The chicken was so tender, ribs as well! The tilapia was to die for!

Visited January 2012
Chicago
“Toothpick Good”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

This is not a fancy restaurant but let me tell you the food is toothpick good. Local southern food I had the 3 bone ribs with collard greens, mac n cheese and cornbread muffin. There was a long line for food but this is it was so worth the wait. Lots of locals eat here and it is just darn good food.

Visited December 2011

Been to This Is It BBQ & Seafood? Share your experiences!