“Really yummy Italian food”
Review of Osteria del Figo

Osteria del Figo
Ranked #1,390 of 3,986 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Italian
Neighborhood: Blandtown
Neighborhood: Blandtown
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Went to Atlanta with my sister to visit the Botanical Gardens, then a bit of shopping and were looking for a place to eat. The taco place nearby was all fried food so we took a look at Osteria del Figo. Service was very pleasant and quite quick (we were there for lunch). We had an antipasti, 2 salads, and my pasta was one of the best I have ever had! It was spinach linguine with a sauce made of Broccoli, sun dried tomatoes and sauteed shrimp with minced garlic, red pepper flakes and white wine. Heavenly!

There are newer reviews for Osteria del Figo

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

As a West Sider, I am lucky to have multiple Figos in the area. Great quality, very tasty, awesome service. I've never had to wait long in line and the servers are always beyond friendly. Great bread and wonderful olive oil. Love Figo!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Our plans were to visit the neighboring Taqueria del Sol, but the very long line deterred us this time (we were really hungry). So we decided to try Osteria del Figo instead, since the line was a bit shorter. What a pleasant surprise!

The concept is interesting. Order your food on the way in - antipasto, pasta, desert, drinks. Pay, get a pepper grinder with your number on, and then sit in an wait for the food to come to you like a traditional restaurant.

The industrial-italian decor is interesting and laid back. The place wasn't crowded, but that didn't last too long. I think we arrived at the precise right time. Service was good and curteous.

Now, the food! A good meal is all about ingredients, and ours was delightful. Everything was fresh and delicious. We ordered bruschetta and fried seafood. THe bruschetta was as fresh as it gets and the fried seafood was prepared to perfection. The entrees were also excellent. You choose your pasta size and sauce. My linguini with pesto may well have been the best pesto I ever had at a restaurant. Desserts were also to die for.

So, good food, great ambiance. And the best is that we didn't pay an arm and a leg for all of this. I ate similar quality food for three times the price at other ATL restaurants.

So, the verdict: I am definitely coming back.

Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

I ventured in here after a trip to a nearby fabric store and was lucky to have to stand in line to place my order, as it gave me time to peruse their extensive menu of salads, pastas, and paninis. I had the carmelized onion and mascarpone ravioli with balsamic glaze. It was excellent and worth a return trip to check out the other options.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stopped by for dinner after a wonderful performance of Cirque de Soleil. The concept of this restaurant sounded very intriguing...good Italian food, pick your own pastas and sauces. We were very disappointed with the presentation and taste of the food. I ordered a cesaer salad that tasted "like nothing" (even Kraft ceasar dressing out of the jar is 10 time better). My daughter ordered vidalia onion ravioli which was actually pretty good. My husband who is not a huge eater was not full after his entree and caprese salad. After the meal he ordered a meatball (yes, a single solitary meatball with no sauce) and then tiramisu. Service was just ok, atmosphere was just ok but the meal did not live up to the reviews I had seen online. After we left, we were still hungary and stopped on our way home to pick up some snacks. We ended paying about $75 for 5 of us, we were disappointed and will not return here..

1  Thank Susan B