“Delicious Thai food, great service!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tamarind Seed

Tamarind Seed
Reserve with OpenTable
Tamarind Seed is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #269 of 3,907 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Peachtree/14th
Transit: Art Center Marta Station
Description: This award winning Thai Cuisine has relocated its former Tamarind establishment of over 10years, into Tamarind Seed located at 14th & Peachtree , Colony Square Mall. Using authentic recipes passed down through the family, this Thai food is presented in rich and truly flavorful gastronomic experience.
“Delicious Thai food, great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We heard a lot of good things about this restaurant so we decided to check it out. We were a group of 23 people, Tuesday night, and they accommodated us within 15 minutes. The service was great! Waitresses made great suggestions and kept making sure our party was okay. The food was sooooo delicious! Everyone in our party enjoyed their meals and drinks. Will definitely be back next time I am in Atlanta!!

Visited June 2013

Augusta, Georgia
“Great food . Teeny tiny portions . Slightly expensive .”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

I am a HUGE foodie . I love food from all different cultures and I've heard so many good things about Thai food that we decided to try the Tamarind Seed . A few of my college friends and I were staying in Atlanta in June 2012 , it was our last night and we felt like doing a food crawl somewhere close to our hotel * the w midtown * . We literally walked to the restaurant and immediately , we were a bit taken back by the prices . A friend of mine ordered an appetizer , which was not a terrible price for an appetizer but it was such a small portion . Myself , ordered a meat dish . It had a good flavor but again , for the price of the entree , there was a very small portion . I left the place hungry still and I'm definitely an eater , but a small woman none the less . I guess you pay for the location and midtown Atlanta is known for luxury . Still a very nice place with good food but make sure to pack an extra nutragrain bar or something before you go lol !

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Birmingham, Alabama
“Pluses and Concerns”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

We were in Atlanta for a Thursday night symphony and our hotel was with in walking distance of the restaurant and concert hall. We got there a little ahead of the 5:00 pm opening of the kitchen but were seated right away and brought water and drinks. My wife and I split an order of basil rolls which were accompanied by a very nicely spiced dipping sauce. The basil rolls were a bit small I thought but tasty. My wife had Pra-Lad-Prik (white fish with minced shrimp and garlic and sweet, spicy basil sauce served with a choice of rices). The report on this dish was good+. I ordered Chao-lay sans squid which they were kind enough to omit. (consists of scallop, shrimp, green mussels). The shrimp were good sized and tasty as were the mussels.The sauce was slightly spicy and sweet and quite good. A choice of rice was available, I was a little curious about the scallops as they were all about the size of a quarter, and not more than about an eighth of an inch as if formed with a cookie cutter. The texture was also not quite like scallops I have eaten many times elsewhere so I am not certain what the story is here, I did not challenge the chef on this issue but thought it worth mentioning. For dessert we took away two (2) of the Chocolate Mousse cakes which were filled with creme brulee and covered with dark chocolate. These we ate back at the hotel after the concert. They were rich and scrumptious. The wine and beer list is modest.The service was excellent and enjoyably unobtrusive. The atmosphere is quite pleasant and our seats looked out on Peachtree Street and a goodly number of leaving trees on and around the property reduced the sense of being surrounded by tall office buildings,

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Peter W
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Excellent Thai Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Fantastic location to the Woodruff Arts center. We were pleasantly seated by the hostess towards the back.Although it was early evening, the sun was shining on us and the manager closed the blinds for us.We had an excellent choice from the menu and the portions were more than ample , with no room for dessert.Good value for excellent food and service.

• Visited April 2013
Georgia
“Excellent Tai Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

This restaurant is convenient to the Woodruff Art Center. When we are in the area we enjoy this restaurant very much. Food is always excellent and service is dependable and fast. Highly recommend.

Visited March 2013