“A Unique Dining Experience!”

R. Thomas Deluxe Grill
Ranked #259 of 4,000 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed August 29, 2012

A friend recommended that I take my family to R. Thomas Deluxe Grill on an overnight trip to Atlanta. The restaurant was everything she described it to be…good healthy food, breakfast all day, exotic birds in cages, inside looks like a tent, many flowers, friendly owner. I was still amazed when I saw it. My daughter said that the eccentric look of the place was like a home of an old lady who didn’t know when to stop collecting things. It had beauty in an odd sort of way, and it was certainly interesting! It was very family friendly. The owner stopped by our table to do “magic” tricks for my grandchildren, ages 7 and 3. Parking was validated by the wait staff. An extra bonus for those parking out back was views of vintage cars in a covered parking area.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We had a meeting this past Sunday in Atlanta and decided to try breakfast at R. Thomas Grill. This is a cool little place with an atmosphere far from the United States, very exotic, and so different from any other restaurant we have been in; very tropical. When walking to the door outside, there are exotic birds lining the outside of the building. These birds are very well taken care of and a nice touch to enjoy before starting our meal.
There are many, many items to choose from on the menu but the breakfast items are a little limited if you are visiting with children and they are not well educated in good food. Both my husband and I had the basic breakfast, Peachtree Morning, which is 3 eggs, choice of meat, toast, and a choice of side. We both had the wonderfully thick bacon, cooked perfectly, along with their cottage fries which were out of this world! My eggs, sunny side up, were cooked to perfection. I don't like any hardness to my yolks.
All the different dishes we saw served looked tasty and everyone seemed happy with their meals. There is limited seating if a crowd came which seemed to start happening once we were done eating. So there may be a wait at times.
I loved the ambiance here and am looking forward to going again during a different meal to how wonderful any meal can be here.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Everyone is spot on with their reviews (funky menu and location, healthy and diverse menu, cool decorations, etc.), but prices have recently been upped, and the menu has stayed the same, so it's not the same deal it used to be. Still good, just now a bit overpriced.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Only our 2nd visit, but guaranteed to be more. My wife & I are in love with the food, atmosphere & very holistic tone carried out from the casual herb garden surrounding the restaurant to the tropical birds in cages at the entrance. The food is completely organic & absolutely delicious. Whether you like meat, veggies or vegan diet, you'll be able to enjoy it all! We went this past Sunday for our 22nd anniversary, was our highlight of the day.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Diverse healthy choices as well as yummy breakfast staples, I make an effort to try something new every time, but often come back to the green tea veggie bowl while my husband eats traditional eggs, sausage and sides. We visit monthly.